Find A Grave -Jim Tipton Thief

Find A Grave owner Jim Tipton is a thief he creates a website for members to add burial information thus creating so called "memorials" he uses these memorials for ad space and charges members to sponsor these memorials.He makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from the deaths of others loved ones and provides no service to the survivors.

He and his administration have a set of so called "faq's" that only apply to a few. Find A Grave members constantly steals obituaries, steals photos and information from newspapers, websites and funeral homes. Information provided by the family to the various media with permission for the information to be used only in those media forms NOT Find A Grave.

Find A Grave is notorious for violating copyrights and allowing its members to violate copyrights.Members are out thousands of dollars from their free work so that Jim Tipton can make a profit.

More Review Details

Helpful? 340 Yes 340 42 No 42
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 09 #1045600

I thank this man should be Hong by his nick until he is dead, by the State where he live, and the people that pays him is just about bad as him, they should know better.

0 4 Reply

Aug 19 #1021688

Find a grave is own by not Jim. So all money goes to them.

2 0 Reply

Oct 11 #1046352

Ancestry just bought Find A Grave a few years ago. Jim owned it for the first 15 years or so.

Jan 12 #929882 College Station, Texas

How do I get in contact with the website Because the email that they have on their website does not work. I tumbled upon their website and it had my grandmother’s information (Norma C. Jewell). I found it disturbing that I found pictures of my grandmother’s gravesite and a picture of her on your website. By people that are not even relatives. What gives them the right to post her information on your page without the family’s content. How did they get my grandmother’s information? I would like my grandmother’s information and pictures off of their website.
If anyone could help me in contacting the person in charge of this website I would greatly appreciated. You can email me at Thank you

0 3 Reply

Jun 05, 2014 #823988

Another example of why find a grave has a F rating with BBB.

4 5 Reply

Mar 31, 2014 #800442

please note that the f.a.g faq's stands for frequently ask questions and the answers to those questions have been changed 3 times in the last year. people are confusing the abbreviation of frequently ask questions "faq's" as facts and that are far from FACTS!

1 4 Reply

Feb 03, 2014 #781445

I have seen actual newspapers obituaries posted on f.a.g., apparently the faq's only apply to some. I believe they call it copyright infringement. I know because before we had our Mom's obituary printed in the local paper we ask about it being copied without our permission and they said everything printed in the paper is copyrighted that is each specific article is owned by the author such as a personalized obituary such as the one we wrote for mom. It's scandalous for the people sitting home and taking photos and obituaries and posting them on the f.a.g site behind anonymity.

5 0 Reply

Dec 29, 2013 #765203 Miami, Florida

F.A.G.'s FAQ's states no copying of copyrighted material and not to post anything you did not personally write or photograph and do not have permission from the composer or owner....yet the site is full of scanned obituaries, copied obituaries and photos. Call any newspaper and they will tell you that obituaries, photos etc.. are all copyrighted. Funeral homes will also tell you that unless you are the one that provided the photo and information. F.A.G. is full of thieves and vultures. Family pays to have their loved ones obituary and photo in the newspaper, the family pay to have their loved ones photo and bio placed on funeral home websites. Family pays for the grave plot, family pays for the monument...NOT THE F.A.G.ITS ON F.A.G.!

1 2 Reply
Esty Effyew

Nov 24, 2013 #747183

oops sorry my parents are siblings and my ignorance shows its ugly head along with mine on these sites :x

0 1 Reply

Nov 09, 2013 #740348

Nov 09, 2013 #740095

hey jim tipton, emory schnuriger is saving a seat in he.LL for you. He died a drunken lonely unmarried f.a.g. it. :grin

2 4 Reply

Nov 08, 2013 #739824

hey jim tipton, emory Schnuriger is saving a seat in he.LL for you. He died a drunken lonely unmarried f.a.g. it. :grin

1 2 Reply

Oct 31, 2013 #735839

since ancestry acquired f.a.g. many members are deleting all the memorials they created and deleting all the photos they posted to f.a.g.

4 0 Reply

Oct 31, 2013 #735657

that cultist mormonmoron is heartless!

1 4 Reply
the grinder

Oct 30, 2013 #735328

H.A.C.K. is a bad work .. I should have it changed.

the grinder

Oct 30, 2013 #735326

Diehard /// You may be anonymous and dissabled all your contacts and messages but you can't hide !!! Someone will find out who you are. Someone will *** that computer base and then we will all know what a chicken S.H.I.T. you are. Trick or treat !! Time is on my side, yes it is !!

May 29, 2014 #821446

Check various other complaints on here for Diehard's real name, contact info, and other pertinents. She is Lenora, Kansas.

Aug 10 #1017804

diehard is one of the several that caused problems for me!!!

0 1 Reply
Simply Pissed

Oct 30, 2013 #735319

F.A.Grave members are just people who don't have anyone to feel sorry for them. They thrive on sympathy instaed of standing up and cowboying the F--- Up . Do you know where you come from ?? Well then why do you think I give a C.R.A.P. who your family is. Well the truth is I don't and neither do the rest of the people on this planet. If you have this info and Pics then why do you need to show off. It is run by an elite few with the domain name being in this jeks name- nobody else. As long as your info and pics are on there they are the property of F.A. Grave. Get back on F.A. Grave and spend the time deleting all your Pics and info now. before it is too late. Copyrights of pictures you post are there property according to their diclaimer when it changes hands or when you are suspended for not jumping when the top 50 contributors say to jump.

Dec 27, 2013 #764665 Brooklyn, New York

You're an ***...plain and simple. :roll

2 1 Reply

1-20 of 84 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.