new issue -If you plan on using this site be prepared you will for the most part be surrounded by wonderful people but eventually the ones WHO may be troubled come at you out of know where and you have no idea what just happened because those people are random...
#1929453

The ones you will find on the site that are crazy: people who manage 100,000 memorials or more. These people have some sick obsession, and will be the first ones to harass, threaten, and be nasty to you to get what they want. They have mental problems.

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Find A Grave is awesome!

I started on this website in 2007. I have had nothing but good things come out of my experience with this site. I have over 1000 memorials. Yes, I've gotten a few complaints in the past, but do I let that bother me? No. In fact, I have gotten way more compliments for my work! I've actually met with one family of a memorial I made, and now I am part of their church. It's a very rewarding experience. :) People need to realize that no one is trying to hurt them. We don't try to invade the privacy of others. All we are doing, is documenting history. We are honouring your loved ones by keeping their memory alive. What if you have relatives in another country that don't have access to the cemetery? How else will they see it for free? I have tried Ancestry.com and they have not helped me at all. Find A Grave is much better in my opinion. Hope this helped. Have a great day :) -Vicky :D

BEWARE OF FIND OF GRAVE IT IS A EVIL WEB SITE RUN BY HEARTLESS CRUEL ADMINISTRATORS!

This is a Formal Request for a refund of my sponsorships, also delete all of MY photos and memorials. It is wrong to suspend a members account but leave their copyrighted photos, memorials and sponsorships. You are profit-ting from years of gas, time, efforts and photos we have added over the past 6 years and 6 months and 20 days. It is curious that the administrator that suspended our account is the ONLY administrator in the past 2 years to beat us down in favor of her friends, like merging memorials in favor of her friends when they were not duplicates. She also ignored forwarded SAC's from one of her friends that used my mother in laws memorials to threaten and attack us, this same member has threatened us for two years but that is okay because he has a friend that is a administrator. I have saved all the SAC's and emails in regards to all the attacks and threats by this administrators friend. Note that for four years we never had any complaints but the only complaints for the last to years come from only one administrator..

Remember that many memorials are only sponsored after a volunteer has added a photo, but when the contributor of the memorials wants the volunteer photo removed is just a waste of time and gas. You need to change the volunteer photo program to make it for only the person that maintains the memorial can request volunteer photos since they can complain and have the photos removed...how would you feel if you spent an hour and half in the heat searching for a grave only to be beat down by an administrator for not removing the volunteer, because the member that maintains the memorials wants it removed though it was a volunteer photo request, this is a MAJOR flaw in your program not to mention favoritism of certain members who have friends that are administrators.

Please refund my sponsorships and delete all my contributions to find a grave, that includes memorials and copyrighted photos.

I trust this will be done as promptly as your administrator acts on her friends complaints.

That is the most disturbing thing I ever saw findagrave collected money from a man who created 4 memorials for important people and then banned him from them. I was shocked and disturbed by that!

THE ADMINISTRATION LOVES TO DELETE MEMBERS BUT LEAVE THEIR MEMORIALS AND PHOTOS! POOR JOEL FARRINGER HAD HIS ACCOUNT DELETED BUT THE MEMORIALS HE CREATED & SPONSORED FOR HIS WIFE, HIS SON & HIMSELF ALL REMAIN BUT HE WHO PAID FOR THE SPONSORSHIPS & PROVIED THE PHOTOS HAS HAD IS ACCOUNT DELETED.

SEE MEMORIALS #827****, 827**** & 6604****.

HE IS JUST ONE OF MANY VICTIMS OF FIND A GRAVE ADMINISTRATION DELETING MEMBERS BUT KEEPING THEIR MONEY AND PHOTOS.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN VICTIMIZED BY FIND A GRAVE ADMINISTRATION & ITS MEMBERS REPORT IT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, LETS GET THE SITE SHUT DOWN!

You are not the first person to get ripped off money from sponsoring memorials I yes you get ripped off when they ban people for not following rules they do not have flipping rules they make junk up out of no where making you look like an *** for wasting your time for years before they give your work away. I also made police reports for for findagrave MEMBERS stalking me

FIND A GRAVE IS FIND A GRAVE BECAUSE OF THE THOUSANDS OF "VOLUNTEERS" THAT ACTUALLY WALK CEMETERIES AND PHOTOGRAPH GRAVESTONES. JIM TIPTON AND HIS ADMINISTRATORS USE AND ABUSE VOLUNTEERS.

BEWARE IF YOU EVER GET YOUR ACCOUNT SUSPENDED ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK WILL REMAIN ON THE SITE SO JIM TIPTON CAN PROFIT FROM IT. ALL OF THE PHOTOS, ALL OF THE MEMORIALS ALL OF THE SPONSORSHIPS YOU HAVE PAID FOR REMAIN BUT YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO ACCESS THEM...ITS ONE THING TO BAN A MEMBER BUT TACKY AND POOR BUSINESS TO LEAVE ALL THEIR YEARS OF CONTRIBUTIONS ON THE SITE SO JIM TIPTON CAN PROFIT FROM OTHERS TIME, GAS, PHOTOS & MONEY!

we are not different and I am being stalked a member for 9 years banned no warning stalked

Look, I understand that there are bad people on websites. I just never get into anything suspicious.

All I was doing was sharing my own experience with the public. I never try to 'destroy' anybody.

I'm only trying to keep someone's memory alive. That is all.

hate blog uploaded to twitter and facebook

@Harry Kramer, I never try to be like the bullies. I've never gotten into anything like that.

I actually am a sensitive and approachable person when it comes to this and I avoid any suspicious behavior. But thanks for telling me.

View more comments (17)
Toronto, Ontario
Find A Grave Website
Denise, In response to your post. I can't speak for the problems you are having with everyone else. I can only speak for myself. I'm not going to waste my time trying to defend myself because I haven't done anything wrong. I'm just going to point out the facts. You...

Debbie do your homework! The risk of being harassed and bullied is high!By volunteers and administrators.

People were aggressively stalked and bullied over a period of 4-5 months. Police reports were filed in so many states it was difficult to keep track of. Jim Tipton does nothing to stop the harassment of his volunteer administrators and contributors. what you get is no response, banned or blocked.

Admins delete work in violation of the so called rules.If it takes 33 hours to document and photograph one small cemetery you risk losing it all with disturbed individuals who create false stories to get your account deleted. Try BILLION GRAVES

Tustin, California

Aministrators Deleting Photos Taken by Volunteers

Jim Tipton makes a living off of volunteers. You would think he might have a zero tolerance for any abuse to the system. However his volunteer administrators like Julie are deleting photos taken by volunteers that believed they were helping someone else. ARE You driving out of town buying batteries spending a couyple hours looking for a stone that someone requested a photo for? there is a 50/50 chance that it is being deleted for a number of reasons . Volunteers running the site have egos bigger than their humanity and do not have to follow rules so they delete memorials to control who owns them I lost 16,000 photos taken over a period of 5 years. STEPHEN JEWETT Maple lawn cemetery Faribault Minnesota the administrator JULIE deleted the entire memorial I did the research for 2 headstone pictures one I took when i first made the memorial and the other her mom placed a request in my memorial and i filled it when i had a break in school the administrator who delted and then duped my memorial then placed a photo request for a NEW PICTURE ! keep in mind she deleted 16,000 pictures so people are placing new requests. 50 people were passed over who lost pictures and have just been waiting. JULIE has a new picture..... this act of abuse is disturbing. The system she abused and the reason she did it was to torment the rule following fool who had just gone out to the cemetery and took a picture to help someone out.....She deleted them and sent someone out again... DISGUSTING http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=8737****

I have seen hundreds of volunteer photos removed by administrators...They need to remove the volunteer option it is just a waste of time, gas and money on the part of the volunteer as you never know if your photo is going to be deleted by unscrupulous administrators!

I did not know how upset people were getting about me using different names on this website. I assumed because the site tracks the town and state people would be able to identify my posts.

In July something was wacky with the site.All my posts are listed under Madison Wisconsin from July 1, 2012 to July 27,2012 On July 28 it changes to Minneapolis, Minnesota. I will now stick to using one name to help you all out but if I forget remember all of July Madison WS and Minneapolis Minnesota to date.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE LAUGHS...YOU JUST KEEP MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF...HEHE

FIND A GRAVE "SO CALLED" FAQ'S: "Any contributor can upload an appropriate photo to any memorial regardless of who manages the page. No permission from the memorial manager is needed."-Find A Grave FAQ's

THAT F.A.G.FAQ IS A COMPLETE & UTTER LIE TOO!!! JUST LIKE EVERYTHING "READ THE FAQ'S" COMMENTS.

I have filed a report with the police. They are monitoring the content right now.

The cyber stalker and bully is stalking multiple people though I think I might submit stalking and bullying to all 5/ or 6 of the states to include the ones that the stalkers live in.

What I also want to know is why Jim Tipton bans people for using chalk on headstones but when one of his members is stalking and bullying outside of findagrave obsessing of the death of my 4 year old son why does he do nothing? just please be careful

@ Stalked by findagrave - why haven't you contacted the police? If you have contacted the police what is being done?

Have you filed a complaint? Have you contacted the BBB?

There is really nothing more corrupt than abusing the effort of any volunteer!!! When someone gets burned volunteering they will be less likely to go out and do it again.

The fact that people are being cyber stalked and bullied on this website is disturbing. My daughter found some stranger grossly discussing her brothers death in a hate blog The stalker linked my face book account to a hate blog exposing my family minor children and vulnerable adults to attack BY FINDAGRAVE MEMBERS.

FIND A GRAVE PROFITS FROM OTHERS WORK NOT THEIRS! THEY PROFIT FROM THE ADS THEY PROFIT FROM THE SPONSORSHIPS THEY PROFIT FROM THE PHOTOS & VOLUNTEERS PHOTOS!

THE CONTROL FREAKS ARE THE FIND A GRAVE ADMINSTRATORS THAT CHOOSE WHICH GUIDELINES APPLY TO WHO, ITS LIKE DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO MENTALITY.

SHAME ON FIND A GRAVE AND THEIR UNSCRUPOLOUS ADMINISTRATION & WEB SITE!

REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU! LETS GET FIND A GRAVE ALSO KNOWN AS FIND A HEARTACHE SHUT DOWN!

You may want to go back and check the state listing for Blue Genes from July 1 2012 -August 4, My state is listed as Madison Wisconsin And I corrected it August 6 2012 to Minneapolis Minnesota It has been that ever since... I do not think it is a good idea for you to try and stalk blue genes.....

Admins absolutely think it is funny as heck to get you to spend your money and free time on helping others out. Driving to a cemetery out of town and spending an hour or so looking for the stone to take a picture for a complete stranger out of the kindness of your heart.

If you are doing that you should know JULIE thinks your a joke!!!

Jim Tipton condones his staffs behavior when they do humiliate you for going out to get those pictures. 60 people were passed over when her humiliation photo requests were placed and filled before any of the others who lost photos due to her deleting the total amount of EDITED pictures I took of 16,000 pictures 5 years wasted and lesson learned JIM TIPTON THINKS WASTING VOLUNTEERS TIME IS FUNNY!!!

For those who don't know the whole story: AKB71, Blue Genes and OMG!!! are all the same person.

Now, to clarify the "Julie" situation.

There is, indeed, an admin named Julie. She is not the same Julie as is a prolific poster in the Forums.

AKB71/Blue Genes/OMG!!! believes the person who requested the photo was the admin Julie's mother but that is solely a SUPPOSITION on her part. AKB71/Blue Genes/OMG!!!

(and a ton of other names here on Pissed Consumer) has a bad habit of jumping to conclusions without proof and will not provide proof when called on it.

Take half of what she claims and throw it in the trash. Take the other half with a healthy dose of salt (not just a pinch).

View more comments (13)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Update by user Jul 11, 2012

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update by user Jul 11, 2012

And to clarify it has never been about the numbers for me. The way I see it is there are 30 thousand possible connections with 27 thousand plus added bonus photos to those who searching. I have been bitten, stung, hot, cold, hungry,...

The best way to go somewhere is to ask someone who has been there before, get a Mentor!!. Someone has done what you are trying to do

Washington, District Of Columbia

Love Find a Grave !!

And those who complain such as Divatuff? Well they don't play well with others obviously as noted by the whining. So let me set the record straight. She duped. She plopped. She would not make legitimate corrections. Then she incited her "friend" to harass, make fun of and belittle me like five year old children on their walls which are public. She did everything she could to get around find a grave rules to keep memorials she knew were bogus or already added on the site. When I found mistakes I sent her corrections. She obviously did not like being corrected or being wrong. Every single correction I sent was backed up by proof she was wrong. I don't know if it is the same contributor but someone must have gotten tired of it .. I have hundreds of broken links and missing photos I added to memorials that are now gone. I love Find a Grave and even though I am a genealogist I am sick to death of the contributors who want to make it a "genealogy" website. It's first and primary purpose is to document graves. Which I do by walking, photographing, transcribing and uploading. If you don't like the rules then don't play in Jim's sandbox. How the *** you can be a pissed consumer when you purchased nothing is beyond me but whatever. She can go if she wants.. I will still be there long afterwards. You don't know me. Keep my name out of your mouth. Don't judge me. That ain't your job .. that's His. You can't play nice? Well go home and cry to your momma. And who the *** chooses a tipsy looking woman as their avatar?

you should read and follow your own advice!

wait until someone starts complaining about you to a adminstrator and you get banned! thats all the discussion forum is about people trying to others banned.

FIND A GRAVE PROFITS FROM ALL THE LOSERS THAT WALK CEMETERIES AND ADD THEIR HARD WORK TO THE SITE!

TIME, GAS & ENERGY IS WASTED ON LINING JIM TIPTONS POCKETS! REPORT ANY ABUSE TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU LETS ALL DO WHAT WE CAN TO SHOW EVERYONE OUT THERE THAT YOU WILL BE USED BY FIND A GRAVE A THEN BURIED!

The founders/admins of *** are narcissists. Unfortunately they have found their way to the internet and created a site which has lured unsuspecting people into contributing information at their own time and expense to build a "little empire" of ***.

A lot of people still believe that *** is a valid source of information in doing genealogy research. But the reality of the situation is that *** is nothing more than a joke in the genealogy community. No one takes them seriously any longer.

I recently took a course in which their website was mentioned and there were several warnings about NOT trusting the information on that site.

Apparently they have let what little credibility they used to have go to their heads because this is one of those cases of "coulda, woulda, shoulda".

Real genealogists do not use ***. I mean who would use an acronym such as *** to begin with? ROFL!

Read the FAQs

No charlotte not really how about you do you struggle with it at all and I must say how do you keep up with your stalking hmmmm now come on pixie dixie cj hmmm buggaboo how do you do it?

oh come on I do that for you specifically, read the faqs I love it when you announce my name AKA Anita Bracken'' like im an under cover PI8) and you just busted me.:upset ;)

@what (aka Anita Bracken): How many personalities do you have? It must be tough to never know which one is responsible for the action...

The Psychology of Sarcasm

if the sarcasm seems to be particularly directed toward you, and if it mostly consists of mimicking you in an unpleasant manner, then this is the sort of sarcasm that that person is using more maliciously. This form of sarcasm is normally used as a way for that person to try and improve their own standing and reputation by putting you down.

View more comments (6)
Washington, District Of Columbia
The volunteers that run the website are small in numbers due to the fact that the average person is not willing to take on this task for free. The small number of people who are willing to do this job for free only assist others in their free time. Any administration...

"Read the FAQ's" Your blabber makes no sense, you can't hide your inbred ignorance. Deb Dash is a f.a.g.

administrator, Julie Sullivan aka JSullivan was a administrator and she still influences the other f.a.g. lap dogs. The administration is compensated if not then what is jimmy the f.a.g. tipton doing with the hundreds of thousands of dollars he profits every year from the site.

The so called faq's have been changed as many times as you've changed you depends. Eww what's that smell time to change that depends again...seems you could at least take a dump in the toilet. Now you can pull your head out of jim the fa.g.

tiptons behind. :grin :grin :grin

Madison, Wisconsin
Find A Grave Website
Back in April of this year i added Andrew Pazak's name to Find a Grave he passed away after being sick for some time..today when i went to Find a Grave i was surprised that what i posted had been merged with someone else who also posted his bio..theres was taken...

I would like to apologize to Charlotte Stovall for pulically outing Her name and accusing her of being(read the FAQS)I do not know that is her nor do I have any proof. I am very sorry for doing that it was bad behavior on my part.

Clarksburg, West Virginia

My cousin put my mom & dad on yourwebsite

my mom & dad said to me & my brother & sister please do not give us a memoriial that would be in the computer they were my mom & dad,s last wish,s my cousin put one in & she has a lock on it i have she said to her what my mom & dad said to me but she will not beleave me so what do i do now do i go to the ceo the head boss of find a grave her name is jessica coleman & she is a member of find a grave. my name is duane toone thank you

Honey, this is a personal matter to take up with your family - not online.

Gaithersburg, Maryland

Find-A-Grave

I have sent Find--Grave four request's to delete all my postings and even identified the URLs for them. The reason that I want them deleted is that I found them all on a mocavo.com search. Since Movavo is offering a paid subscription (https://www.mocavo.com/order) they are in fact offering to sell my Intellectual Property which is copyright protected! Find-A-grave ignored my first request, answered my second wih a statement that it was not a copyright violation; and ignored my third and fourth requests when I resent them with proof of the copyright violation. I recommend that individuls not post any data on their site, you give it to them free and then they allow it to be sold!
#521955

oh super here is another person from findagrave demonstrating behavior approved of by Jim TIPTON!

Miss Kitty_Tee

@OMG!! You made me laugh with your ignorance concerning search engine!!!

sarcasm seems to be particularly directed toward you, and if it mostly consists of mimicking you in an unpleasant manner, then this is the sort of sarcasm that that person is using more maliciously. This form of sarcasm is normally used as a way for that person to try and improve their own standing and reputation by putting you down. They might then use sarcasm with the intention of making you look foolish and through doing this they then hope to make themselves look more intelligent and move further up the hierarchy. Such people tend to have low self esteem and so require the use of put downs such as sarcasm in order to try and make themselves feel or look better. These people are like leaches on your self esteem and it's important not to let the problem get to you.

Oops I meant to add Mblocker5857 to the party! :)

Oh! One more thing don't forget you can delete your memorials yourself...Still laughing! :grin

@OMG!! You made me laugh with your ignorance concerning search engine!!! :grin

#520573

is the information being sold *** yeah! Tipton is profiting off of the information added.Just because it is not being sold in the traditional way he is still selling it.

My website brings in x amount of people a day. I have them creating as many bogus memorials as fast as they can. If you place your ad on my site i can get the people here to view them. So yes your labor is still paying for his family vacations.

Meanwhile he is to cheap to hire people that wont call you *** and will delete 5 years worth of money you invested in creating memorials when administrators moms are creating bogus memorials to compete for numbers around to get burials in the correct cemetery replaced with a memorial they altered to appear as if it was one that met the site requirements.

SO IT IS A BAD SITE. THEY WASTE YOUR TIME ENERGY AND MONEY.

If they are your memorials on Find A Grave you can delete them yourself. Just sign in, go to the memorial and click deleat this memorial button.

As in most complaints, the complainer doesn't even read the info on the sites they whine about. Mocavo's basic search engine is FREE.

Like NO CHARGE.

Subscribers can pay for enhanced features, but it is FREE to search. You are really going to have a stroke when you find out *** is searchable via Ancestry.com.

Do you know for a fact that it was sold?

I get hits everyday through Google for Findagrave, and Mocavo is nothing more than a glorified search engine.

View more comments (7)
Petersburg, Virginia

Find-A-Grave

I have sent Find-A-Grave 04 requests for the same deletions. I want my entries deleted because they appear also on a Movavo.com seach. Because Movaco is also offering a paid subscription (https://www.mocavo.com/order) they are in fact offering to sell my "Intellectual property" a clear violation of my copyright protections. Find-A-Grave ignored my first reqest; answered the second with a statement that it was not a 'copyright violation'; and ignored the third and fourth requests when I resent my e-mails with proof that it was a 'copyright violation'. Martha D. B.

It is not a copyright violation. They are not SELLING it.

Mocavo didn't take your stuff. They are providing a link to it.

Petersburg, Virginia

Find a Grave

I contacted this company a year ago to let them know that the person who has taken over the site for my father. Is a family member who my family has had many problems with. She stole my mothers photo's is using them on this site, she is putting stories up that are not true and a few of the photo's she put on this memorial were taken from my facebook page when she was opening accounts in other peoples names to get in to my account. My whole family is disgusted with this site. The person I spoke to through email said I had to ask the person to remove them. This person has been harassing me for two years my mother for many more. So I can not contact her. I can not believe that some one can just go on this site and right what they want and steal photo's and put them up, even though they claim copy right laws. Where are my copy right laws when they will not remove personal pictures that I took my self and the ones that belong to my mother? Disgusted!

Contact the BBB of Utah you can file a complaint online it will probably take a while since Jim Tipton is too busy counting his money to respond in a timely manner but he will eventually. And he is well aware of copyright violations and will remove the copyrighted information or material. Along with honoring your copyrights, they get another BBB complaint on their record.

I am sorry you had a bad experience. I honestly believe that the website should not condone harassment as it does disciplinary measures should be put in place so that you may have a memorial on this site harassment free and it is not.

Portia, I just found your msg or would have replied right away. The eilraest Hardesty we have found is William A.

Hardesty (wife Louisa Knauff Hardesty). William was from Maryland, moved to Malvern, Ohio, in the early 1800 s, owned one of the first flour mills in eastern Ohio.

Had ten sons, two daughters, most of his sons also became millers. We would appreciate any info you might have about this family.Ann Hardesty,

Why not just send a DMCA takedown notice to their host?

Looks like this is their host:

www.xmission.com

Copyright Infringement

XMission does not condone copyright infringement. We do not, however, needlessly invade our clients' privacy without notice and reasonable suspicion of wrongdoing. XMission's Designated Agent for notice of any claimed infringement, as provided for under the U.S. DMCA, is:

Hector Nevarez, Technical Support

XMission, L.C.

51 East 400 South, Suite 200

Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Phone: 801.539.0852

Fax: 801.539.0855

Email: abuse@***.com

In order for XMission to review your claim, you must:

Identify the copyrighted work allegedly infringed

Identify the material which you claim is infringing

Provide your name, address, telephone number and email address

In addition, the notification must be signed by an authorized person, and state a good faith belief that the material is infringing, as well as that the information contained in the notice is accurate. In turn, XMission will investigate any legitimate complaints, and will take remedial measures where required by law.

Fixing this is actually simple. Guidelines require transfers of family members within four generations as long as you are more closely related to the deceased.

Assuming this person is not your sibling or your father's sibling, it is a slam dunk. If you join Find A Grave, send a 'Suggest A Correction' including clicking the box to send yourself a copy. Be polite and axplain your relationship. I realize the memorial manager likely knows all of this, but right it with a stranger in mind.

That info will be important down the line.

If/when they don't transfer within the required 30 day window, you take your copy and forward it to Admin. They are about a month behind on getting stuff fixed (handling 79 million memorials), but they WILL DO IT.

Find A Grave is a tight group of administrators that can do what they please to the memorials posted. I have had friends post memorials, and have them deleted within days...because friends air a complaint that doesn't sit right with them. Some of the Find A Grave contributors make it a 24/7 priority..

Kgrab, unfortunately no one has given you good advice yet.

Who did you "speak to through email"? You need to write the "info" address which is listed in the site's FAQs. As immediate family, all you have to do is ask for the memorial to be removed.

If your photos were taken after 1989, they are automatically copyrighted when you took them. Prior to 1989, there were requirements for copyright protection.

@ Jane you have no idea what you're talking about. A person's photos are protected by copyright law in the US regardless of whether or not they've been "registered".

Prettiestpretty/just me=same person aka ***.

@PissedConsumer456808

Wth does this mean?

View more comments (11)
Salt Lake City, Utah

Find A Grave

I was happy with the findagrave web site until I joined their forums to ask questions. You would think the folks would be helpful, but immediately they jump all over your post, making you feel unwelcome and ***. They're worried about photograph copyrights when all you asked about was using one of the photos on your ancestry tree. It's ridiculous. They constantly talk about "reporting to admin," just to fluff their own feathers. Beware of adding anything on their forums. If you join, just keep to yourself and go about your business. They'll probably never see your ancestry tree anyway.

If I left the doors unlocked and windows down on my car and hung the hope diamond from my review mirror and when i came back and it was gone am I a victim?

NO!!! IM AN ***!!!

who the heck runs around trying to control everyone else and does nothing to control the only person they can control and that's themselves. how about i just not hang the hope diamond off my rear view mirror or lock the door because if its that *** important to me I can keep it safe.

you can water mark a picture you can just not post it on a website that people think you are posting those pictures for them to see/use. lots of options but you patrol family trees to get people in trouble wow or come on here calling them thieves really? well that makes you an *** I guess :x

@Findagrave contributor: Typically, those who defend or condone illegal and unethical behavior, usually are ones who commit such offenses themselves...

Copyright owners have every right, legally and morally, to defend those rights. They should not be called crazy for doing so. Unless you're willing to be called crazy when your property is stolen and you want the matter corrected.

"Written by Read the FAQs on June 12, 2012 from lenora, kansas, US

@Findagrave contributor: So, you're admitting to stealing photos and resent those who enforce their copyrights. Nice. At least you're honest about your illegal and unethical behavior. A *good* genealogist (and person) asks permission."

Thanks for the link. My post was based on what I have observed in the forums not what I have personally experienced. I don't see any confession in my post of illegal or unethical behavior on my part so it seems you are jumping to conclusions.

Thanks everyone for posting your similar *** experiences with the *** forum freaks. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that had bad experiences. I have not run into such a bunch of crass, controlling, unprofessional, psychotic dolts ever. Seems to be some strange obsessive fascination that attracts these misfits there in droves. Mind you I'm not talking about the normal average users there are some very nice people and very helpful too but I'm talking about the greedy obsessive egomaniacs you are certain to find in what I'd call the "ForThem's" Number one hint - don't EVER use the forums unless you are a masochist. Do whatever you want! It will hopefully drive these people over the edge. They genuinely seem to love spending every waking second berating and demeaning people.

Sucks to be them when they die, think of all the others that went before waiting for them to explain why they wouldn't transfer their memorial to their loved one that wanted it???

You just keep hoarding those memorials sisters and denying transfers to family members!!! Wherever you go you'll have lots of explaining to do!!!!!:grin

Users needs will eventually dictate changes to *** so it can and will be used more fairly or not at all. Change is the one constant in life and you can take to the bank. :p

And before you ask I'm in my 50's Julie and I hold a Phd.

Posted by WOW "people should not go to the forums- You get attacked by crazy hens like Julie and Jackie who have no lives other than trying to nab those using "their" photos"

I love Find A Grave, it's a wonderful resource & there are so many helpful people who take the time to add records & photos.

However, I have been in the forums several times & I always see the same small VERY VOCAL group of COMPLAINERS. It certainly does seem like they have no life.

Somehow they have time to photograph graves & list them and also man the forum day & night to jump on anybodys *** who is not well versed in the FAQs. If that's not enough they scour the internet, particularly Ancestry, to make sure no one gets use of their photos and/or info from FindAGrave. Just about a week ago Jackie said she had sent some 125 or so claims to Ancestry in one month for copyright claims.

I just hope none of them ever take a photo on my request. If they have fufilled a request for you I suggest you put in a new request to be taken by someone who realizes the value of sharing these photos instead of hoarding them & make sure you let them know you want a photo to add to your tree when you make the request.

I know your are!

But What am I?

#491999

That usually caeuss 1 slot to be dead. It wasn't a issue of the cover breaking a slot.

It was a vibration issue. The slots didn't have enough reenforcement. This looks like a irq issue. I would suggest loading bios defaults.

All PCI slots should have irq 11. Don't know why but I was having the same issue when I set the slots to auto instead of irq 11.

Photos that individuals have taken (as in operated the camera rather than snatched), are covered by copyright. Seeing it online does not make it fair game.

Some choose to protect their copyright and are within their rights to do so. Others request that you ask permission before doing using their photos, as is also within their rights. Some don't care what you do with their shots. I will allow the use of mine if someone sends a simple and polite request.

If I find them posted without my permission, I will have them removed and no amount of asking will get permission. I have that right to protect what is mine, but that interest varies with each contributor. It is a contentious topic on the board, as are a few other items.

While you may not agree with either Julie's position or her delivery, the truth is that she is right. You can't take stuff that belongs to other people.

Julie SUllivan-

Let me ask you: Are you over the age of five yourself?

Adding fuel to the fire may make you feel good for a split second, but it does NOTHING in the way of being constructive or helpful.

Sarcasm and being mean doesn't look good on the people who dish it out. If you can't be helpful or leave the drama at the door, then go sit in the time out chair until you are readyto act your age.

For the most part, the people on Find A Grave can be helpful. That said, there is a sizable group involved with the message boards are are just bullies.

These people are not helpful, and they act "put out" whenever anyone asks a question in what they consider (mistakenly) "their private domain".

In fact, the *** forum looks a great deal like the forums you find for newspapers where people can hide behind "identities" other than there own.

These same people seem to have forgotten that the purpose of a message board forum is to foster communication. Unfortunatly, as I suspect, many of these people don't have lives and think because they can hide behind "handles" that they can lash out at anyone at any time.

Until ***'s management team puts moderators into those forums and bring the smack down on the rude users, and know it all types, I would only approach it with a ten foot pole and a hazmat suit.

View more comments (12)
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts

FINDAGRAVE.COM

I HAVE BEEN A FAN OF =FIND A GRAVE .COM= AND A FREQUENT POSTER TO SAME / I HAVE ONLY BEEN CENSORED ONCE IN ALL MY YEARS OF POSTING = AND THAT WAS /I =JOSEPH F CARUSO,JR JOEY=POSTING UNDER MANY DIFFERENT SIGN ON NAMES POSTED NEGATIVE =AGAINST THAT *** BAG==ROBERT McNA/MARRA (sic)= recently = my email =SAYWHAT39@***.COM AND AKA JOSE CRUZ =JOEY I AM =JOEY CARUSO ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED POSTING TO PEOPLE ON THERE/THIER DATES OF BIRTH OR DEATH= JANIS JOPLIN/ JOHNNY OTIS /TRINNY SILVA ETC =PLEASE INFORM ME WHY = FINDAGRAVE WHY? THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE JOSEPH F JOEY CARUSO/JOEY I AM /A SAYWHAT39@***.COM OR IF YOU WISH 10912 LIBERTY DRIVE ,PORTRICHEY ,FLA 34668

Joey, I've read your posting several times and, like Go Giants, can only say "What?" We simply cannot understand what you are trying to say.

What?

View more comments (2)
Tampa, Florida

Find A Grave

Find a Grave can be useful for finding tombstones for your family. However their customer service level sucks. Although they do state and warn you that they dont respond to many emails simply because they receive so many emails. I've contacted them twice with complaints and never heard back The idea of having the tombstones on a single site is nice but my issue is how they get the information. I submit cemetery transcriptions to other websites as a volunteer. And found out that in multiple cases the information I submitted to the other site ended up on find a grave without anyone ever asking for my permission to repost it My name is specifically attached to the other websites I submit to. And then to see my work on Find a Grave without my knowledge or permission is plain wrong. Many times it has been the directions to a cemetery or something similar and the wording is IDENTICAL to what I posted on another site. Word for Word. Someone else is taking credit and receiving credit for work they only stole from another website

hoarders copy everything they can find from other online cemetery indexes.When they run out of those they go to death indexes and add names with fake burial information

My account was deleted after an administrator took control over my memorial deleted it then duplicated it for the purpose of ownership the deleted memorial had 2 photos in it taken by me. I write in on a regular basis asking them to remove the copied content the added to the memorial they created under the findagrave website name..

Rules are clear that deleting another persons memorial and creating a duplicate for the purpose of ownership is against the rules...

The administrator is also abusing the system of photo volunteers to go out and get another photo after placing a request for the same photos they deleted in my memorial for a non famous man in a cemetery that has over 30 requests in their little vendetta to take something from me.. sad but true these are the people behind findagrave

I have been on the site nearly a year and I have found the message board and the FAQs to be very helpful. Where the biggest piffing matches happen seems to be when someone comes on and rants about another member who won't transfer, won't edit, posted THEIR family member, etc. 99% never read the FAQS and never ask how to remedy the situation within the *** process. They just want someone to tell them they are right even when they are not.

In opposition to Penny, I have found the OVERWHELMING majority of forum members work diligently within the guidelines. Are there bad apples? Where aren't there bad apples? But I would go so far as to say that forum members are more likely to follow the rules than those who go on blissfully unaware of the forum or even the FAQs duping there way into history or whining on other websites...kind of like this one...

Facts are not copyrightable as Read The FAQs already pointed out.

@PissedConsumer482250

The forums are riddled with bad apples. They are quick to dump on a person for violating the faqs on one hand and admit to violating the faqs themselves on the other.

I would advise you to stay clear of the Find A Grave message boards. While they should be helpful, more often than naught anymore you are bound to run into harridans, harpies, shrews and trolls, all of who DEMAND that everyone else play by the rules, except for them. I hate to sound so dismal, but they will chastize you and tell you to go to the FAQ's.

@Alexienichole: The facts (names, dates and inscriptions) and *most* directions (like in a recipe) are not subject to copyright. If your directions of "something similar" is written out in full sentences and have some modicum of originality, you should write the "info" address listed in the FAQs. If the directions were simply "Drive north 5 miles and turn west", I doubt that would be considered "original writing".

The site has an discussion board, I would go in their and make your case. Alot of site admin follow-up with alot of complanits there.

View more comments (6)