A cousin sent FAG a snippet of an email that I had sent her, regarding the fact that she was taking information directly from Canadian Headstones. When I realized what she was doing, I sent her an email stating "you forget that I live 5 minutes from Nanaimo Municipal" She knew very well that was not a threat - it was/is a fact.

She knew that my husband and I were digitally recording this cemetery. Apparently she took this as a threat, or told FAG via the snippet that she felt threatened. She lives in Calgary, so it is pretty obvious what was what. She did this same type of stealing for any cemetery she found I was documenting.

Her goal - was to stop FAG from controlling any of my contributions in the event of my demise. It's just insane what this woman did to me. I chose to have FAG manage the memorials in the event I am no longer able to take care of them. Unfortunately I had not informed them yet.

She had been in touch with me much prior to all of this - requesting that I give her control of all of the family memorials I had recorded, and I did. For personal reasons, I discontinued my relationship when I realized her hatred of alcoholics. My son was an alcoholic, he died in 2011 - and I feared her wrath on his and other memorials. She had promised me that at any time she would return control of the memorials that I initiated, but instead when I did request the return, she spread them around to others, most of whom I have never heard of.

I would simply like to be able to correctly update the memorials that I created, that now have errors because of changes made. I'm 80 years old. In excellent health. Recorded fully Nanaimo Municipal Cemetery, with over 10,000 stone pictures there, that will now be unavailable to relatives and friends.

FAG simply have no understanding of what happened, they have simply cut me off, and his women is getting away with it! FAG did eventually come up with their reasons, saying I had done everything under the sun wrong, also accusing me of fraud. I demanded all of the stone pictures I had submitted be removed.

They did not comply with my request of a total take down of all of my submissions, which is interesting because the reason they gave was that they were needed for research !!

S. Lynne Bartram Smith

(aka Amanda on FAG)

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Gestapo management techniques, Way others can take over and block original creator, Posting of incorrect information, Accessability.

Comments

I think you should have all your memorials. I as well have come across one exceedingly mean woman there just as you have.

I have no idea where, or what dark {{Redacted}} hole some of these {{Redacted}} people crawl out of. KINDA SCAREY ATTITUDES ! There is absolutely no reason for any of these hoarders to act so childish and have a temper tantrum.

It is so weird! Good luck getting your memorials back :)

to EyesOnTheSideOfTheirHeads #1536966

I JUST HOPE THEY KEEP THE OLD WEBSITE UP! WE DO NOT LIKE THE NEW WEBSITE WHAT-SO-EVER!