I set up memorials for my blood relatives and made some friends on the site and contributed in all good faith originally.However, after some very rude comments and abuse over a few months period, I decided to leave, close my memorials and assumed that would be an end of it.

Sadly I was wrong, My memorials were "Re-instated" not by myself but by admins! because some people decided they had sponsored the memorials and that gave them a right to bring them back so to speak. I was stunned as memorials that are personal to me, that I created don't even list me as the creator and I have no control over it. I was not even told my memorials were undeleted and found out when a friend from the site assumed I had returned.

I have contacted multiple times the site through email and heard nothing back, I am very fed up and just wish for my memorials to be deleted as others were and left that way.People can be so rude and unthoughtful to others to feel they have a right to steal and alter memorials of people who are not even their family or even friend.

Review about: Find A Grave Memorial.

1.5
Coverage Area
Style and Design
Privacy and Data Security
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Find A Grave Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Find A Grave?

Comments

That is an invasion of privacy.Indeed!!!

very rude and I feel sorry for you.

I hope you can fix the problem, or tell someone to leave your family alone!Who do they think they are anyway?

to Anonymous #1284395

They should be sued! The abuse needs to stop. They have some very vile people on this website!

CATLADIES
to Anonymous #1298044

Need to stay away from the cat people who horde cats memorials right and left....... A sneaky bunch of old ladies! Talk about trouble!

Laugh
to CATLADIES #1299908

There is some old woman on this website who has a cat memorial for her dead cat that died at 102 years old.lOl!

This shows what some put into making realistic memorials.NOT!

Bill
to CATLADIES #1309698

Sum it up to Morons!

anonymous

Contrary to what that site claims death records are NOT public information.As a family member if you don't want your family's memorials posted on their website they do not have the "right" to post them.

You can check the vital records section for the state your family is buried in.But if they are not family members they do not have the right to post that information.

Dedicated Graver
to anonymous #1315751

That's a load of hogwash! Sure you can have close family members removed (parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandchildren) but not every relative in your tree. If I walk a cemetery and record every grave there, I can add the info that I collected personally to Find A Grave or any other site I choose.