Not resolved
2.4
Details
Billing Practices
Coverage Area
Customer service
Discounts and Special Offers
Diversity of Products or Services
Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy
Price Affordability
Privacy and Data Security
Product or Service Quality
Staff
Style and Design
Value for money
Website
Poster decreased review rating.
12 comments

At first *** appears to be a wonderful site for family memorials and family tree help...But BEWARE, what you write on their site NEVER belongs to you.

The admins who work for f.a.g, own everything, they can-&-do give your work to whoever they wish and you are NEVER NOTIFIED of it... Or responded to when found and ask WHY. All anyone has to do is write *** and ask for a memorial transfer that in 99.9% of the time is granted. Then that new person has the right to delete your writings, rearrange and/or rewrite all your hard work.

The only thing they cannot do is delete the original memorial, but they can sure-enough rewrite it... AND if you get mad, angry or upset, and notify the admin of that area (example: Raleigh County, W.Va.), you like MANY OTHERS can-&-do find themselves/yourself deleted off Find-a-grave with one click of that admins mouse, and ALL your writings at that time are taken over by ***... You have NO Recourse for assistance... NO Help is offered to you, even when you ask for it...

The admins rule, and there is NOTHING you-or-I can do about it...

BE SMART AND STAY AWAY FROM ***...BE PROUD OF YOUR RESEARCH AND KEEP OWNERSHIP OF IT YOURSELF FOREVER !!!

Reason of review: Poor customer service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Find A Grave?

Write a review

Comments

Terms of Service
Post Comment
Cancel
Jennings2013
#1371429

Dear Readers, a web-site person identified as "GoodCitizen" in his/her arrogance has cement ideas that the admins of find.a.grave are angels (ha!) what an unhumorous idea, concluding only that a one-dimensional person would even slightly believe such a thing...I replied to him/her that I would not again entertain any of his/her comments after my last writing, post #1371181, on Sept.

20, 2017, and make suggestion that the readers of this page also ignore this persons closed-minded comments and just maybe he/she will disappear by eventually going away...

However, in defense of all the folks that have been harmed in any way by find.a.grave, I felt it necessary to "quote" post the message below... The quote is found here at link: https://find-a-grave.pissedconsumer.com/utah-better-business-bureau-20140815522237.html...

Message title reads: "Find A Grave - Utah Better Business Bureau"...

Appears to be Posted by: "Choloy-Ménillot, Lorraine, August 15, 2014"...

Quote Reads...

"Anyone doubting the validity of the complaints on this site should visit the Better Business Bureau of Utah. Find a Grave was founded in Provo, Utah. Just Google "Find a Grave Complaints", it is the third hit on the list, or visit: http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/cemetery-equipment-and-supplies/find-a-grave-in-provo-ut-22270560 Utah BBB rating for Find-a-Grave - F, on a scale of A to F.

Find a Grave is not a non-profit organization.

I...

Show more
GoodCitizen
to Jennings2013 #1372461

I did not say the admins were angels.They are merely humans like the rest of us and occasionally they make mistakes.

They are also reasonable and will correct those mistakes when it is brought to their attention in an appropriate manner.

For example, earlier this month I discovered what I call a circular merge - memorial #1 was merged into memorial #2 and memorial #2 was merged into memorial #1 so all you could see was the "This memorial has been merged" message.I sent both links into admins and it was corrected within 72 hours.

Anonymous
#1371181

Reply to GoodCitizen Post #: 1371158...(YOU) Under the 2 stars, it says (copy & paste): "Poster decreased review rating." Others can see it too.

So, who is full of Hog-Wash??? Jennings2013 (REPLY) Your Wrong AGAIN... I did NOT decrease the rating, if you had any sense, you would know I then would have changed them back, but again I did not do it !...

Reply to GoodCitizen Post #: 1371168... (YOU) On 8/18, you wrote "Examples..." followed by eight enumerated items.

NONE of those items were "examples", just further claims. I didn't ask for supporting documents. I pointed out that you said "examples" without actually providing any examples... (REPLY) My examples are mine alone, since you don't like my word, you exclaim it to be just further claims.

This shows your lack of knowledge as we can all see by your writings you like trying to change peoples meanings. Of my 8-examples folks know I was not writing a court document, I was letting the readers who have been harmed by find-a-grave, in a type of overview, that they are not alone in bad find-a-grave dealings...

(YOU) Jennings2013 wrote: Correct any dummy knows that. Well, apparently you didn't know that because on 7/19 in Review #1076389, you wrote "The admins who work for f.a.g, own everything". (REPLY) Oh my gosh where is you head!

The admin's have full control over everyone's writings, granted to them by their employer, thus they (find-a-grave & their admin's) own all of the...

(YOU) You said it. Now you deny it. Here's something else you wrote "Stop being Pigheaded and Embarrassing Yourself." Please, follow your own advice...

Jennings2013 wrote: Manager Refused...What a Joke, you are referring to myself and others that were NEVER asked to change anything before find-a-grave violated us... (REPLY) I denied nothing, again you have tried to change my writing so you could argue about something while your head remains stuck in the sand, that NO Admin could or would ever think of doing a bad deed...

(YOU) If you weren't asked to change anything, something on the memorial violated Find A Grave policy. (REPLY) Do You Really Want the Readers to Believe That Garbage... Again you are DEAD WRONG...

Just so the readers understand, in my case no memorial was in question or was my writings. It was "the admitted West Virginia admin" that emailed me on a photo that, that admin put on my memorial. I emailed replied, that I did not add the photo and I didn't mind it being on the memorial. I wrote that admin, that she herself added the photo so if she wanted it removed or the caption she added changed or removed, to please feel free to do so.

The next reply I received (while online with find-a-grave) was why am I being contrary... Note here that I changed the email word from the actual word, TO Contrary, so don't try and play with it as you do with most words you do not like. As I mentioned I was on find-a-grave with 2-other genealogists when all of a sudden my memorial flowers vanished, right before our eyes as the 3-of us viewed our computer screens, all of us witnessed me being knocked off the web-site...

(YOU) Jennings2013 wrote: You Wrote the word "WE" several times, soooo you are an employee of find-a-grave and/or an admin. that once again is wearing blinders to the "Real Truth of the find-a-grave dealings, as I had predicted in my first interaction with you on 8-18-2017 Post # 1361428...

(YOU Continue) I am not a Find A Grave employee nor did I write their terms. I was QUOTING their words found in their 'Terms of Service' document (link on the bottom of every page on their site). (REPLY) Who are you trying to convince, certainly not me or the readers, so it's you and yourself, "WE" means just exactly what it says... (YOU) Jennings2013 wrote: NOW FINALLY YOU ADMIT TO BEING GUILTLY.

When you said "for any reason" you should have really said "AND FOR NO REASON"... (YOU) I'm not guilty of anything other than trying to help you correct your misunderstandings of the website and how it works. Apparently, you wear blinders that will not allow you to see the big picture. Again, please take your own advice.

(REPLY) Again the only misleading, misinformed, and confused person HERE is YOU, and your writings are clear proof of that to me and all the readers of this page... (YOU) I know what I have seen and experienced on the site and in these complaint sites over the years - people who are banned NEVER accept one iota of responsibility for their own actions. Again, please follow your own advice: "Stop being Pigheaded and Embarrassing Yourself." ... (REPLY) JUST ANOTHER OF YOU STUPID STATEMENTS, in trying to copy my words to YOU...

proving you like trying dish-it-out, BUT you certainly cannot take receiving the REAL TRUTH back.Now with this writing I am completely done with you and your madness...END

Show more
GoodCitizen
to Jennings2013 #1372464

Who is "the poster" of the review?Jennings2013

Who is the only person who can change the ratings of the review?

Jennings2013

It's not rocket science.

Semantics matter. Example means "an instance serving as illustration". You didn't give examples; you made claims. There is a difference.

Find A Grave does NOT assign admins for specific locations. I suspect you are confusing an ordinary MEMBER with an admin. Anyone can add a photo to any memorial. Whoever adds the photo controls the caption of the photo.

If the person was an actual admin, their email address would end with "findagrave.com".

How were you "online with find-a-grave"? They don't have instant messaging or a chat sessions such as a tech support site does. Jennings2013 apparently doesn't understand the use of quotation marks means someone ELSE wrote those words.

I simply QUOTED (or copied) Find A Grave's Terms of Use document.

As an official Find A Grave statement, the "we" refers to Find A Grave.It is painfully obvious Jennings2013 has issues with comprehension and has blinders on to any discussion attempting to assist him/her understand the site.

Anonymous
#1370979

Reply to Post # 1364383 by GoodCitizen 8-28-2017...I'm writing (REPLY)'s in order of your (YOU) statements...

(YOU) You said "Examples" but didn't give any evidence to refute my statements, just more claims.

(REPLY) Your Right, I gave all supporting documents to Ancestry, NOT YOU... (YOU) The admins do not "own" the memorials; Find A Grave does. (REPLY) Correct any dummy knows that. (YOU) Employees are paid to do their job, according to the company's policies, and do not own the company's assets.

THAT is a "Real Truth"!.. (REPLY) I never said anything about Employees owning the company's assest - Now THAT is another "Real Truth"!... (YOU) Yes, the admins (employees) can override any text...primarily because a.) the text violates their policy in some way; or b.) they were asked to make the change by another member who provided documentation because the manager refused. (REPLY) Manager Refused...What a Joke, the memorial manager (me) was never asked to change anything before *** violated ME...

(YOU) I've been on the site for many years (ergo, experience IS my research) and seen a fair number of people kicked off the site. Every single time it was because the MEMBER would not follow the site's rules. (REPLY) Proven lies comes from words "EVERY & ALWAYS"...

(YOU) "If we believe, in our sole discretion, that you are acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms, including the Community Rules, or if we are required to do...

... (REPLY) You Wrote the word "WE" several times, soooo you are an employee of find-a-grave and/or an admin. that once again is wearing blinders to the "Real Truth of *** dealings, as I had predicted in my first interaction with you on 8-1-2017 Post number 1361428...

(YOU) They told you right there in plain writing that they can and would ban you "for any reason"...

(REPLY) NOW FINALLY YOU ADMIT TO BEING GUILT. When you said 'for any reason' you should have really said 'AND FOR NO REASON"... (YOU) We are GUESTS of the site. We have to follow their rules, even when we don't like them.

It's that way on just about every site but too few read the fine print to know they can't do anything they want. ALWAYS acquaint yourself with and follow the rules of any website you use. Don't make up your own rules. Don't think you can do whatever you want...

(REPLY) Of my seven years on ***... I and all my relatives, friends and acquaintances that have been hurt by admins DID FOLLOW ALL the *** rules and you CANNOT SUGAR COAT the FOUL actions of ***, PERIOD...

(YOU) There's no way for users to know how many admins there are or what their names are. You also mentioned "I sent them [Ancestry] as requested, all my proof documents for them to see the wrongful action a W.Va. Raleigh County admin".

That statement leads me to believe you are confusing MEMBERS with admins because admins are not assigned locations...(REPLY) Only person Confused Here is you !!! I was told by this admin, that his/her area is Raleigh Co., W.Va., and AGAIN I HAVE WRITTEN PROOF OF, that YES I sent to Ancestry, NOT YOU. Here is a Question, "Are you not tired of your constant Self-Proclaimed clean-Handed Innocence" ??? ...

(YOU) It also sounds like you created duplicates and/or "unknown burials" and your memorials were MERGED into the legitimate memorials.

That's standard operating procedure (S.O.P.) and covered in the FAQs... (REPLY) AGAIN ANOTHER STUPID ANSWER; NO I DI" NOT created duplicates and/or "unknown burials"... A stupid sentence; I did absolutely nothing wrong, and do NOT care what you believe might have happened... STOP guessing and showing your ignorance.

Again Ancestry has all the proof and the witness documentations... (YOU) Again, S.O.P. Banned members have another commonality: they NEVER admit they did anything wrong... (REPLY) SO FOOLISH..

Here is the "Real Truth Rephrased", (S.O.P.) standard operating procedure, EMPLOYEES have another commonality: they NEVER admit they did anything wrong... In Conclusion: With this writing to you in regards to your Criticism and Accusations, I will NO longer entertain any of your remarks.

As I earlier wrote you on 8-18-2017, Post Number: 1361428...I REPEAT "Come down out of your ivory tower and do some personal research, and thus find the Real Truths." Additionally, Stop being Pigheaded and Embarrassing Yourself.

Show more
GoodCitizen
to Jennings2013 #1371168

Jennings2013 wrote on 9/19: Your Right, I gave all supporting documents to Ancestry, NOT YOU...

On 8/18, you wrote "Examples..." followed by eight enumerated items.NONE of those items were "examples", just further claims.

I didn't ask for supporting documents. I pointed out that you said "examples" without actually providing any examples.

Jennings2013 wrote: Correct any dummy knows that.

Well, apparently you didn't know that because on 7/19 in Review #1076389, you wrote "The admins who work for f.a.g, own everything".

Jennings2013 wrote: I never said anything about Employees owning the company's assets - Now THAT is another "Real Truth"!...

Again, on 7/19 in Review #1076389, YOU (Jennings2013) wrote "The admins who work for f.a.g, own everything".

You said it. Now you deny it. Here's something else you wrote "Stop being Pigheaded and Embarrassing Yourself." Please, follow your own advice. Jennings2013 wrote: Manager Refused...What a Joke, you are referring to myself and others that were NEVER asked to change anything before *** violated us...

If you weren't asked to change anything, something on the memorial violated Find A Grave policy. Jennings2013 wrote: You Wrote the word "WE" several times, soooo you are an employee of find-a-grave and/or an admin. that once again is wearing blinders to the "Real Truth of *** dealings, as I had predicted in my first interaction with you on 8-18-2017 Post Number...

We also reserve the right to..." I am not a Find A Grave employee nor did I write their terms. I was QUOTING their words found in their 'Terms of Service' document (link on the bottom of every page on their site). Someone embarrased themselves by misreading the statement and/or not understanding quotations. Jennings2013 wrote: NOW FINALLY YOU ADMIT TO BEING GUILTLY.

When you said 'for any reason' you should have really said 'AND FOR NO REASON"... I'm not guilty of anything other than trying to help you correct your misunderstandings of the website and how it works. Apparently, you wear blinders that will not allow you to see the big picture. Again, please take your own advice.

Jennings2013 wrote: Of my seven years on ***... I and all my relatives, friends and acquaintances that have been hurt by admins DID FOLLOW ALL the *** rules and you CANNOT SUGAR COAT the FOUL Actions of ***, PERIOD... Jennings2013 wrote: Only person Confused Here is you !!! I was told by this admin, that his/her area is Raleigh Co., W.Va., and AGAIN I HAVE WRITTEN PROOF OF, that YES I sent to Ancestry, NOT YOU.

Here's my Question to you, "Are you not tired of your constant Self-Proclaimed Clean-Handed Innocence" ??? Well we are of folks who think like you !!! .... Jennings2013 wrote: AGAIN ANOTHER STUPID Statement...

NO I DID NOT created duplicates and/or "unknown burials" or anything else... I did absolutely nothing wrong, and do NOT care what you believe MIGHT have happened... STOP guessing and showing your ignorance. Again Ancestry has all the proof and the witness documentation's...

Jennings2013 wrote: As I earlier wrote you on 8-18-2017, Post Number: 1361428...I REPEAT "Come down out of your ivory tower and do some personal research, and thus find the Real Truths." Additionally, Stop being Pigheaded and Embarrassing Yourself. I didn't do anything to you. As stated previously, I am not a Find A Grave employee, just a member and long-time member of the site.

I know what I have seen and experienced on the site and in these complaint sites over the years - people who are banned NEVER accept one iota of responsibility for their own actions.Again, please follow your own advice: "Stop being Pigheaded and Embarrassing Yourself."

Show more
GoodCitizen
#1364387

And I didn't change the "rating" of your review whatsoever. It shows YOU did that.

Anonymous
to GoodCitizen #1370927

Hog-Wash !!!!!!!!

GoodCitizen
to Jennings2013 #1372459

If I could post a screenshot I would. Under the stars, it clearly states "Poster decreased review rating."

So any *** is from the original poster (Jennings2013).

Anonymous
#1361428

Reply to post of 8-1-2017 by GoodCitizen ...Oh my gosh...

You condemned my writing about find a grave in Foolishness... Then you even had the audacity to decrease my review rating to 2.4, that all other readers found as 5-star, what a simple head you are... My post was as honest as it gets, and your accusation against my writing is as you write the one "full of misinformation." Examples... (1) You state find a grave policy, however find a grave does NOT in many cases live up to it itself....

(2) You say admins are just simply employees... NOT True as they override any and all text they want to, and they even kick you off the site, WITHOUT reason, of which I have proof and a witness of an actual happening, as it occurred... (3) Folks have NO help in defense of, or vindication for what a bad admin decides to do. Admins do whatever they want and when they want to.

You cannot defend yourself or the family treasures you post on find a grave, and that is the Complete Full Plain Truth of it... ! (4) You say they do not give "your work" to others without a reason... this also is FALSE, and again I have the proof and a witness of an actual happening as it occurred...

(5) Regarding Ancestry, yes they are now the parent company, and being so I sent them as requested, all my proof documents for them to see the wrongful action a W.Va. Raleigh County admin., asking them to please take action based on the proof to reinstate me on the web-site, and to...

(6) I also have many, many records that were STOLEN by that admin and I can also prove that. In many cases my name was deleted and that admin added her/his name in place of mine, using my original date of submission as theirs. In other cases where a memorial was transferred to me, and I wrote the life story... my name was again deleted, and the memorial reverted back to the person who transferred it to me, THEN that memorial was again transferred/given to another contributor of the web-site...

(7) In conclusion, it appears with your reply that you did NOT do any research, thus giving the impression that you might be an employee of find a grave yourself...I suggest before you ever write another negative reply, you come down out of your ivory tower and do some personal research, and thus find the Real Truths.

Show more

You May Also Like

Find A Grave Funeral Forum Review from Kaufman, Texas Find A Grave "Very disrespectful website ran by heartless people who tresspass and post false information about historical cemeteries. Grave.Whisperer posted my fathers headstone with a map to this private cemetery and fabricated..." Read more Find A Grave - Profile Review from Merrillville, Indiana Find A Grave "Neil D Scheidt  40,496 Memorials Added 40,409 Memorials Managed This guy makes so called memorials without birth/death dates, or a photo. He uses the same blank double stone photo for most of..." Read more Find A Grave - Anthony Jerome "AJ" Marik violates *** guidelines and flat out lies! Find A Grave "That same ***, Anthony Jerome, "AJ" Marik deleted 5 years of Biography work I did on a grave I found belonging to a Medal of Honor awardee with the help..." Read more Amirite - A wonderful example of double standards and bias by management. Amirite "This is not a personal attack. This is a cold and objective observation of behavior by a particular moderator. Darkest Serenity routinely violates the site tou (rules, for the rest..." Read more Toyota Financial - They have messed up my credit by over 100 points that will cost me $1000's over my lifetime Toyota Financial "A 30 year military veteran and 12 year Toyota owner, I planned to purchase another when my current Toyota needed replacement. I can tell you that will not happen! I..." Read more Mingle2 - I can't send messages to my friend and my friends cant send message too. i don't know why Mingle2 "i dont know whats going on with my account. anytime i'm trying to send my friends message it always show me. We need additional information from you to prove you..." Read more PetArmor - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY PetArmor "I made the exact same mistake that other people do. I used pet armour instead of Frontline like an idiot because I wanted to save thirty bucks. It doesn't work..." Read more Gearbest - Changed price - have to pay more than advertised Gearbest "I bought a smartwatch. It was advertised as RM68.28. shipping is RM14. When in the payment page, I selected to use my GB wallet, which RM79, click to use GB..." Read more