I submitted a few famous memorials, some with pictures, some with full burial information. I would say that I've submitted 15 or so famous memorials and they approved almost half. Some are no longer shown, those that are still up they have denied me credit, removed pictures I submitted and replaced them with photos submitted by some of their "top contributors". When I complained I always got a rude response and it usually ended this way: we're not a public site, we have the last word and what we say goes.

Fair enough, however encouraging people to submit memorials only to refuse good solid submissions (and then submit them on their own) denying credit, swapping photos and bio info is disrespectful and bad business. I was so frustrated with Find A Grave's behavior that I changed my sign-in name to "Not A Top Contributor" and for doing so they banned me outright.

The sad part is I have a PAID memorial to my dog that now only I can see but can no longer access contributor tools.

If they don't want me as a member fine but at least have the decency & maturity to grant me access to my paid dog's memorial so I can remove it IF I SO DESIRE. (I mean I paid for it right and this site is supposedly about respecting the dead, right)?

There's a small circle of friends who rule that site and if you're not one the top contributors they treat you with profound disrespect. All I ever did to *** them off was to change my to log in name to NOT A TOP CONTRIBUTOR as a way of silent protest and for that without communicating to me I'm banned (for life, 7 maybe 9 years thus far). Talk about thin skin.

I guess If your not part of their little inner circle...

Comments

DareGreatly WROTE on Sep 02: "You didn't "pay" for the memorial; you merely sponsored it to get the ads removed. When you did that, the page informed you that sponsorships are NON-refundable".

I paid $5.00 to remove and to sponsor my memorial so by right I should have the ability to still access tools to remove it if i so desire even if they banned me for life.

Find A Grave is so disrespectful to the dead and their loved ones. So yes I did pay for the memorial and I should be able to remove it regardless of being banned, such immature snots at Find A Grave.

to not a top contributor #1576624

No, "by right" you have to follow what Find A Grave wants - it's their site, they make the rules. By using the site, you agree to follow their rules.

You didn't follow the rules, so you were banned.

You don't get to demand anything now. The immature snot is the one who cannot accept the consequences of their own behavior.

You didn't "pay" for the memorial; you merely sponsored it to get the ads removed. When you did that, the page informed you that sponsorships are NON-refundable.

Similar experience. Hard researched, well documented entries that stood for years will be stolen and even credited to others, without warning or explanation. Internet grave robbers, a new breed out of Utah.

to ls raghleigh #1542673

I guess Utah owns all the sites! Some big genealogy researching going on there. AND IT'S ALL SEEMS TO BE PART OF THEIR CULTURE THERE.

to ls raghleigh #1543476

Utah has some very professional genealogists. Perhaps you need to update and take some collage classes. Good luck .

to ls raghleigh #1543912

You make no sense !

to ls raghleigh #1544565

Do you have something against UTAH and their genealogists? I have found lots of accurate work coming out of their research there. BTW They are an old breed.

to ls raghleigh #1547546

May we ask what breed you are ?

to ls raghleigh #1549226

Well, sir, I can certainly understand your point if you are only connecting family lines to monkeys--just saying.