I have published some personal things with the disclamier of being copy righted name of book and year of copy right, that were published in my family history books on memorials that I created only to be stolen by someone clicking, copying and re posting as if it were their own information.When asking the person who stole the information to please take it down you get really nasty answers calling you names.

This is not a safe place to post stories about your family members, who knows where they will end up.

I find it interesting that the thief responds by calling you names making the situation even worse.I am in the process of taking down all copy written material.

Review about: Find A Grave Genealogy Record.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Had an Experience with Find A Grave?

Comments

There are people on this site who are so morally and mentally low that they will go and copy what another person has written and posted as if they had written it themselves, (TOO ***) this includes your personal emails if you happen to write to one of these lowlifes. Be-careful! There are some extremely uneducated "Ding-Bats" there who have no writing skills what-so-ever nor do they have the education to write something on there own ----so they go tell lies, cheat and steal the work of other contributors ---- they only know how to copy what others have written.

You said "I have published some personal things with the disclamier of being copy righted name of book and year of copy right, that were published in my family history books on memorials that I created"

Do you mean you wrote the pieces yourself?That's the only way you can claim copyright.

You said "stolen by someone clicking, copying and re posting as if it were their own information."

Where was the material reposted?

If it was on another Ancestry owned site, that is allowed by their (Find A Grave and their owner Ancestry) Terms of Service.If it was posted on a site NOT owned by Ancestry, there are ways to get it removed by contacting the site owner.

I hear you friend!There are some very mentally sick people who hangout on this website daily!

Big Time Troublemakers!!!I have had the same approach as you with an unstable person there and mean to the bone!