Sallisaw, Oklahoma

I also becamea a member of findagrave and was very excited and put on about a hundred memorials of my family only. I put in many hours of work I found that a few of my relatives had been put on by other contributors and I agree with the previous person that many of them are hoarders. I asked this on contributor to transfer those memorials to me they were very basic some of the info incorrect. When this contributors and others refused to transfer my family's memorials to me I proceeded to make duplicates. I put pics, bios or obits and tried to make all of them consistant. Some of the other contributors did not like it because I had a few duplicates and harrased me. One person, made a duplicate and attached that to my memorials making it look like that my great grandparents had two children by the exact same name when I tried to get that peson to be reasonable and we could do a memorial together she refused wanted it her way or no way. She reported me and I was threatened that if I ever did that again I would be thrown off the website.

About a month ago my brother called me about a certain contributor and what she had written in her bio saying that just because you are related does not mean you have the right to those memorials etc. Being an all around ***, so I posted a public message on her bio because I did not have access to her email, she told me that I was in the wrong because I complained that she would not transfer the memorials that I had not followed procedure etc. I asked her what right did she have to put other peoples families on findagrave did those people ask her to do that I certainly had not well it seems that the management termed I had been inappropriate and removed all of my memorials. Somewhere down the line the people that run this websited have determined that they are "God" and can do what they want well personally even though they destroyed a lot of hard work I do not want my name associated with such a website that thinks that they have the right to keep family members memorials etc away from their living relatives who only want to honor their loved ones. People should only be able to put only their family members parents grandparents etc on this website. My aunt found this website after I told her about what they had done. If they thought they were hurting me no way I lost a lot of work but at least my name is not associated with someone who thinks they have the right to play "God"

Sylvia

Review about: Find A Grave Website.

Had an Experience with Find A Grave?

Comments

I nicknamed them this because it's true, they hoard these memorials on Find A Grave and it blows me away.I've been researching my family tree for 15 yrs.

now and have actually helped many many others without charging them to get started researching their trees. So a couple of yrs. ago I found Find A Grave and thought, wow, what a great genealogy tool and then I ran into a nightmare. I was born and raised in West Tenn.

and so were my parents so that is where my major research is and I ran into a big time memorial hoarder. These people on *** talk about the RULES of *** but they break them all the time, they've got a *** contest going as to who can hoard the most *** memorials to the detriment of us who have family buried in these cemeteries. I have seen mistake after mistake on these memorials of names, dates, etc. yet if I contact them most of the time they won't go to the trouble to correct the memorial.

They're not suppose to make memorials from obits and they're surely not suppose to put living family members names on these memorials but they do. This person I ran into seems to have access to obits on the spot and if anyone in West Tenn. dies she has a memorial page made on them from their obit before they're even put into the ground. I know this for I've found memorials she's made the day the obit came out in a newspaper.

I kind of ticked her off early on so she refused to transfer my maternal gr.mother's memorial page to me. She had...

I told another *** member about this in that area and she got the memorial in a round about way and transferred it to me.

So there are getting to be more jerks on *** than not who are into only hoarding memorials, they don't give a hoot as to who is buried there are their history...:roll

#520978

5 YEARS 5,000 MEMORIALS 16,000 PICTURES GONE MONEY AND TIME SPENT TO HELP OTHERS THIS SITE ABUSES WHAT YOU DO. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE UP AGAINST BECAUSE REALLY ALL IT TAKES IS ONE HOARDER AND YOUR OUT.... THE ADMINISTRATOR ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO ADD NAMES FROM DEATH INDEXES TO RANDOM CEMETERIES AND PUNISHES PEOPLE WHO GO TO THE CEMETERY AND ACCURATELY RECORD AND PHOTOGRAPH.

ADMINISTRATOR TANYA

I'm sorry if the first added memorial for Stephen Jewett was added to the wrong cemetery, and yours was added to the correct one.

We may remove the memorial for Stephen Jewett from Find A Grave, but then you will not be able to create another one.

I love find a grave, thanks for helping me find my lost family.If that's not concrete evidence I don't know what is!

I love being able to leave flowers and notes.

Create your own genealogy website, that's the place to add all you want and own it.Link your find a grave family member memorial to it or save the picture and add it to your collection, where ever that may be, even a shoe box will work.

Love find a grave!!

I found several of my relatives on the site and thought it was wonderful.There is no way I could travel to the different states they are berried in.

I love the add a flower/note feature.

That is where I added additional information about my relative for others (mostly thinking of my current and future families to find/read).I agree, it is a great site and has helped a lot while working on the family tree.

they locked me out for about 9 months and when i told them i want them to remove the 30000+ pictures i had added they let me back in but they had transferred alot of my stuff to other people who were not even related. i am not going to say anything to them for fear they will lock me out again and tranfer the rest of my stuff

to schatz #712447

I found a relative's memorial with a bio completely incorrect.

The information was about the relative's mother and not her.

I asked that the bio be corrected and sent the correct information.

It was not corrected. I sent a polite note and asked for a transfer since it was my relative. Denied. I emailed and left public messages but nothing was done. I hate for history's sake that this information about this person is completely wrong. What can I do? I wont make a duplicate because that would not be right.

Duplicates deleted, degrading to the site and taking up valuable webspace

:cry

Good grief, Find A Grave is a GRAVES REGISTRATION website. This is its PRIMARY purpose, to register the existence of GRAVES. No one is playing God, we find a grave and we register it. We document cemeteries before they disappear. So many gravestones are no longer readable, or are broken, damaged, and crumbling with time and the elements. We are getting them on the site to preserve them before they are gone.

It is NOT a family tree or genealogy site. You do not build your trees at ***. There's plenty of software out there for your genealogy research. *** ain't it. Read the FAQ's before you get your panties in knots over what you think should be the rules.

And you INTENTIONALLY duplicated original memorials. That's a huge NO NO. One person, one grave memorial. That's how it works. You go thorough the channels to ask for more information and links to be added. You DO NOT need to "own" or "manage" anyone and everyone you are related to. If someone will transfer a relative within the 4 generation guidelines, wonderful. If the relative doesn't meet the transfer criteria, then you don't need it. What happens if 3 or 4 great great grandchildren (5 generations, out of guidelines) all contact me wanting to "have their relative"....hmmmmm??? Who do I pick? And no, we are not hoarders. We are caretakers of the registration of the grave.

Yes, if you cannot play by...

:cry

Yes, if you cannot play by...

LuAnne

No one on Find a grave owns memorials..They took the picture it's theirs.Get over it.

You create a page it's a duplicate and that is a no no..That can and will get you kicked off the site...Go find somewhere else to post a memorial for your dad there are others out there.... God Forsaken Woman? Oh please!!!

Grow up!:roll