Verified Reviewer

Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Nov 30, 2019

Ancestry continues to raise membership prices. Since findagrave is part of them now, I'd say 1/4 of my annual dues is a waste.

Update by user Nov 30, 2019

Too much information on this site to use for genealogy.

Original review posted by user Nov 30, 2019

I have quite a few memorials on findagrave. Evidently, since Ancestry bought it, things have changed and not for better.

I have found numerous relatives of mine that are incorrect as to their relationship to other family members. One has my grandmother as a 1/2 sibling to her own mother.

The person who has control won't answer my request to change it. That person also has 1/2 siblings listed to my grandmother who would actually be 1/2 aunts/uncles.

Reason of review: Very inaccurate information.

Preferred solution: Ancestry needs to redo policies and the website..

Find A Grave Pros: I used to love it using the old web site.

Find A Grave Cons: Inability to file complaints with company, Error linking to ancestry also liked the old website.

• Wrong Information Website

Comments

If it’s been longer than a month since you sent the memorial edit request, send an email explaining the problem to: edit@findagrave.com Explain the problem BRIEFLY. Show the suggested edit, the date it was sent, to whom and any responses.

If they won’t respond to you and help out, or they refer you to the general Edit process ( which you already know about because you submitted Edits), or they don’t respond at all, delete all your memorials and your account and refused to do business with a company who clearly doesn’t give a crap about doing things the right way, or your input to make things better. I know, it’s not the answer I wouldn’t want to receive either, but it seems to be the norm with their customer service which isn’t “customer oriented” at all.

Find A Grave Reviews