Find A Grave

284 of 293 Find A Grave reviews

I am member of the Find A Grave forums, but probably not for much longer.

On September 26, 2009, under the thread: Subject line reaction was the following joke: "Subject: How do I grave Thought: Find a eager, but not too bright of an assistant. A hunchback would be perfect, and . . . "

When a new member pointed out that the joke was not funny (she stated she had Scoliosis) some of the forum members got very rude with her. She tried to get an Administrator to "pull" the joke, but two Administrators thought the joke was funny and no one did anything about the joke.

Please if you think this type of joke was truly inappropriate, please email them at: info@findagrave.com.

Thank you.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
284 of 293 Find A Grave reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 22, 2015 #1010823

Find A Grave was sold to Ancestry a year ago or more. Now they delete you're account...even though you have been with the site since the beginning. They also delete you're memorials you set up for you're family at their whim. They steal you're records because when they delete you're account they keep you're family memorials and lock you out. I believe this is illegal. Getting someone to do work for you where you profit and they don't is called slavery and that is illegal in the United States.

1 4 Reply

Feb 03 #1105809

Hey, you're is a contraction for "you are" not "your" as in the possessive "Your family".
just saying

2 1 Reply

Feb 05 #1107048

They only banned you for not following the rules. They remove doubles and if you have burial unknown and it is added to a cemetery the unknown gets removed. When you join you agree to follow their rules. Do as you want gets you kiked off as it should be.

1 3 Reply

Jun 23, 2015 #998770

Looks like that person was in the Lounge, and in there, almost anything goes. I too have Scoliosis but can have fun with it to keep from being depressed over it. You dont like it, dont go there. Too many other places to go and things to do on there. Maybe the admins should have deleted it when she asked but like I said, I can make a joke out of it instead of focusing my life on a disability.

1 1 Reply

May 21, 2015 #986970

Find-a-grave sucks....in SO many ways. Move on because you are better than those losers.

5 3 Reply
dont bother

Apr 13, 2013 #637305 Hondo, Texas, United States

this site is not worth your attention move on before they suck the life out of you they are vampires

8 4 Reply

Jan 26, 2013 #599255 Naples, Florida, United States

Yes I am a f.a.g. hag and the devil and I love to torment others. I am soo sorry that I have become such a hateful fool and have nothing better to do than attack and make fun of others but what else am I to do...be nice or no not me. The only virus I found on my computer was herpes & syphilis...I have been a bad hag!

2 10 Reply

Jan 25, 2013 #598795 Naples, Florida, United States

So sorry about my previous response...I do agree it was NOT a joke and the website if full of people like me and the author of the joke that careless about people and we like to use our freedom of speech to attack others...I know I am just a hateful hag please forgive me I know I am going to hades since I have more in common with satan.

2 10 Reply
Haggle-waggle

Jan 25, 2013 #599100

Indeed my friend. I learned the hard way not to haggle with an old bag-hag on FDG. Hags are not cool. Truly The evils advocates. :sigh :cry

1 5 Reply
One foot in the grave.

Jan 25, 2013 #599128 Minden, Louisiana, United States

WOW-WEE!

I've been thinking here just a bit, and I think I will forgive you for being an old nag on ***. It is not every day that we can get an apology from a real live HAG.

Thank you soooooooo much!

Best wishes :roll

5 4 Reply

Jan 24, 2013 #598451 Naples, Florida, United States

If you can not take a joke don't read it. Make your own website where you can make the rules, and as sorry as I am about the scoliosis, there exists a thing called freedom of speech. YOU just exercised yours, and they get the same right.

2 8 Reply

Jan 25, 2013 #598738 Naples, Florida, United States

So sorry about my previous response...I do agree it was NOT a joke and the website if full of people like me and the author of the joke that careless about people and we like to use our freedom of speech to attack others...I know I am just a hateful hag please forgive me I know I am going to *** since I have more in common with satan.

1 8 Reply

Jan 25, 2013 #599122 Naples, Florida, United States

I do not know how the *** you cloned my site ID and location, but you can bet your *** I am reporting this breach to the site admins, as well as running a virus scan on my computer.

2 3 Reply

Jan 25, 2013 #598755 Naples, Florida, United States

2 6 Reply
former member

May 15, 2011 #286354

"... However, they do ban people without any prior communication. That is fine if someone is outrageous, but for the most part it can be brutally swift without explanation."

The explanation is that there is an elite corps of the owner's pets who can get you banned for no reason other than that you posted an opinion that opposed theirs.

6 0 Reply
Dont go with it

Mar 12, 2011 #259723

Its a shame this website has allowed so much nonsense, its in utah for one thing and second it dont seem to keep very many workers.. free or not the site doesn keep an eye on anything, I had to turn a few people in for making a mockery of a deceased, its a shame someone would behavior like a dingbat and treat users so poorly, any way... heres some good news..
if you want a site you can have control over with a memorial of a deceased loved one, try www.last-memories.com
there is a basic free membership but if you want the bells and whisltles there is a fee you pay for 1 year, you can add music, photos, videos, separate pages etc, much more to offer than find a grave has to give.
its sad they made a site that offers so little but this other site will be a relief and yes you have the option of who can post a message or post freely without notifying you.. your in control.
Check it out, you wont be disapointed.
Best wishes, I feel ya, I truly feel ya! :grin :grin

4 3 Reply
genealogist

Feb 14, 2011 #248855

Haven't "joined", but sure have picked up a lot of useful info from this site.

4 1 Reply

Jun 23, 2015 #998806

If you've picked up useful information from this site, FG probably isn't the place for you. Most of the people that complain can't read the rules or have never even looked at the rules. 12 years here and no problems.

0 2 Reply
kwc

Aug 14, 2015 #1019348

They do not go by the rules themselves. I've read them many times. And even copied and pasted them to some contributors who thought they could get away with murder, citing 'rules'. they forget rules go both ways and the contributors take too much on themselves making the site totally unprofessional.
Most contributors fancy themselves as genealogists and they are not. They simply rob obituary information and post it so they can get paid by the numbers from their advertisers. Who in turn sell the information to identity thieves or use it themselves to per perpetuate fraud. There are hundreds of these complaints online if you care to look them up as well as what attorneys are saying about it.

3 0 Reply
spotty-dotty

Jan 09, 2011 #234072

You are correct that SOME forum posters are outrageous in their contempt of others and their "management[=ownership]" of the individuals listed at the site. But to be fair, most forum people are nice and want to be helpful. And the vast number of *** members never ever go to the forums to begin with. I have to say that "Find A Grave" is a goofy name. I'm sorry that another site is copying it.

1 0 Reply

1-20 of 26 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Find A Grave. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Find A Grave.
Filing a new complaint about
×