2.2K views

Find A Grave owner Jim Tipton is a thief he creates a website for members to add burial information thus creating so called "memorials" he uses these memorials for ad space and charges members to sponsor these memorials.He makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from the deaths of others loved ones and provides no service to the survivors.

He and his administration have a set of so called "faq's" that only apply to a few. Find A Grave members constantly steals obituaries, steals photos and information from newspapers, websites and funeral homes. Information provided by the family to the various media with permission for the information to be used only in those media forms NOT Find A Grave.

Find A Grave is notorious for violating copyrights and allowing its members to violate copyrights.Members are out thousands of dollars from their free work so that Jim Tipton can make a profit.

Review about: Find A Grave Website.

Had an Experience with Find A Grave?

Comments

Just one short visit to the website would have been enough for me to know I don't want any part of it. You should have looked first too.

I thank this man should be Hong by his nick until he is dead, by the State where he live, and the people that pays him is just about bad as him, they should know better.

Find a grave is own by Ancestry.com not Jim. So all money goes to them.

to Anonymous #1046352

Ancestry just bought Find A Grave a few years ago. Jim owned it for the first 15 years or so.

College Station, Texas, United States #929882

How do I get in contact with the website finagrave.com?Because the email that they have on their website noreply@findagrave.com does not work.

I tumbled upon their website and it had my grandmother’s information (Norma C. Jewell). I found it disturbing that I found pictures of my grandmother’s gravesite and a picture of her on your website. By people that are not even relatives.

What gives them the right to post her information on your page without the family’s content. How did they get my grandmother’s information? I would like my grandmother’s information and pictures off of their website.

If anyone could help me in contacting the person in charge of this website I would greatly appreciated.You can email me at lisakean.lk@gmail.com Thank you

to Lisa #1086375

Doesn't the "noreply" part of that email give you a hint?

Another example of why find a grave has a F rating with BBB.

please note that the f.a.g faq's stands for frequently ask questions and the answers to those questions have been changed 3 times in the last year. people are confusing the abbreviation of frequently ask questions "faq's" as facts and that are far from FACTS!

I have seen actual newspapers obituaries posted on f.a.g., apparently the faq's only apply to some.I believe they call it copyright infringement.

I know because before we had our Mom's obituary printed in the local paper we ask about it being copied without our permission and they said everything printed in the paper is copyrighted that is each specific article is owned by the author such as a personalized obituary such as the one we wrote for mom.It's scandalous for the people sitting home and taking photos and obituaries and posting them on the f.a.g site behind anonymity.

Miami, Florida, United States #765203

F.A.G.'s FAQ's states no copying of copyrighted material and not to post anything you did not personally write or photograph and do not have permission from the composer or owner....yet the site is full of scanned obituaries, copied obituaries and photos.Call any newspaper and they will tell you that obituaries, photos etc..

are all copyrighted. Funeral homes will also tell you that unless you are the one that provided the photo and information. F.A.G. is full of thieves and vultures.

Family pays to have their loved ones obituary and photo in the newspaper, the family pay to have their loved ones photo and bio placed on funeral home websites.Family pays for the grave plot, family pays for the monument...NOT THE F.A.G.ITS ON F.A.G.!