San Antonio, Texas
3.4K views

Find A Grave owner Jim Tipton is a thief he creates a website for members to add burial information thus creating so called "memorials" he uses these memorials for ad space and charges members to sponsor these memorials. He makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from the deaths of others loved ones and provides no service to the survivors.

He and his administration have a set of so called "faq's" that only apply to a few. Find A Grave members constantly steals obituaries, steals photos and information from newspapers, websites and funeral homes. Information provided by the family to the various media with permission for the information to be used only in those media forms NOT Find A Grave.

Find A Grave is notorious for violating copyrights and allowing its members to violate copyrights. Members are out thousands of dollars from their free work so that Jim Tipton can make a profit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Find A Grave Website.

Comments

hey tipton Emory LaRoy Schnuriger is saving a seat in he..LL for you, deb dash, lkat, cync, hallie garrison and trudy.

TIPTON ALSO PROVIDES THE NAMES OF THE DEAD TO MEMBERS OF HIS MORMAN CHURCH. THEY WANT TO SAVE EVERY SOUL THEY HAVE MEMBERS REBAPTISE THE DEAD.

THAT IS WHY THE MORMON CHURCH IS INTO ANCESTRY SITES.

JIM JUST DECIDED SAVING SOULS WAS NOT ENOUGH HECK WHY NOT SELL TRASHY ADDS FOR EACH MEMORIAL SOME WITH EVEN ADULT CONTEDT AND MAKE MILLIONS WHILE YOU HELP YOUR CHURCH SAVE SOULS. PEOPLE NEED TO READ UP ON WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON HERE.

Seeing the BBB rating and complaints it is no wonder there is a class action suit against tipton and f.a.g.

@Anonymous

Looking to join the class action suit.

LOL

jim tipton does not have "class" he is a soul vampire and vulture. He responses to complaints through the BBB proves just what kind of heartless evil character he is...he will burn in he...LLL!

They can track you without you being on their friends list they add a link on their computer to your profile page. Best way to avoid f.a.g.

bullies etc...is to delete all of your entries and delete your profile...stop trying to avoid the crazy f.a.g. gits and remove your information and yourself from the site!

@tipton***ks

You are so right... I could not believe it until I checked..Im doing that right now getting myself away from this evil,.

I hate to delete my memorials but cant stand them making money off of my family graves. Thanks for the advice.

Just sick of it. Thanks friend.

jim tipton and diehard are friends and the two people posting as anonymous are the same...they say they have problems with the f.a.g. site but yet they spend their time and money supporting it.

@Anonymous

I do not believe that Jim is friends with Diehard. He has too much class for that.

Burn in he...LL! jim tipton you are mormanmoron...you will find dog waste on your loved ones gravestones... :grin :grin :grin

I have read alot about Tipton. He is smart and had a wonderful idea.

He has made a great fortune creating a business out of his hobby. His dream came true. Ive read that he is a family man with a wife and children. He has such a wonderful site that people are willing to contribute and work for free and love doing it.

What I do not understand is how a family man, that has a wonderful life in a business that he started from scratch.. I do not understand how he can put up with how some of these members treat and abuse other members. These bullies have been reported over and over again for several years. In my office if someone was reported over and over and abused, threatened, and called other workers names my boss who also started and loves his company would not put up with it for one minute.

Why would you allow such hateful and mean people to ruin your dream and drive other members away? We are not talking about just strict and rude members. We are talking about those who actually threaten and belittle the very people who are adding so much to this man's business. You cant tell me Tipton does not care about his business because it was his dream.

Why would you want these people associated with your company ruining your name and business. It hurts me to see all these complaints.

When the site first started it was not like this at all. So many of the first timers are long gone and along with that their business.

BBB Rating C & Recent complaint to the BBB: this company published my son's headstone and grave site without permission and with incorrect information and refuses to remove it.

on june 10 2013 I was made aware that a picture of my dead son's headstone and gravesite were on a website called find a grave with the wrong information i wasn't even his mother according to this website, also my husbands parents, grandparents and his baby cousin grave sites and headstones were on there. At no time did I or any member of my family EVER give this website or anyone from it permission to post them. I contacted the company and the person who posted it and they refuse to take it off.

f.a.g. it Tipton's Response: (Not sure what Catholicism has to do with it, as we have thousands of Catholic burial locations registered. Most family members appreciate having a place to pay their respects to their loved ones.)

@Anonymous

family members have a place to pay their respects to their loved ones its the cemetery where they are buried not a disgusting website profiting from their deaths and feeding off their deaths like the vultures they are at f.a.g.

If you created over 20 thousand memorials and they ban you and keep your memorials f.a.g. it jim tipton stands to make 5 dollars per memorial that's 100 thousand for just 20 thousand memorials.

If a member is banned then all the memorials they created should be removed too! that f.a.g. it jim tipton is a thief when he keeps memorials that members that he has banned from the site for whatever reason.

*** f.a.g. it jim tipton

I fail to understand how strangers and take pictures of gravestones that my family struggled to pay for and post them on F.A.G. and then profit with placing ads on our loved ones memorial and then ask for money to remove the ads.

F.A.G.

did not pay for the burial plot, did not pay for the gravestone, did not pay for the publication of the obituary and picture of our loved one, but F.A.G. did use everything we paid to profit Jim Tipton...shame on you Tipton there is a special place in he,ll for the likes of you!

I believe you probably lost more money especially if you posted thousands of memorials from hundreds of cemeteries. And posted thousands of photos.

I would imagine the time, gas, batteries, camera, wear and tear on tires and auto, internet etc...it is probably more than 67 thousand dollars. There are members that have posted over a million memorials and over thirty thousand photos say it cost you an average of a dollar for each memorial posted yeah 67 thousand is probably an understatement.

ummm with the site being "Free" how can you loose that much.... ummm no :roll

@Anonymous

ummmm site is free for f.a.g. its to add memorials and photos but it is a for profit website...There is no mention "loose" in the complaint..thanx for proving you are a "LOSER". :grin :grin

:grin :grin :grin :grin

Thanks for agreeing with me there is nothing wrong with f.a.g. members stealing obituaries that have been written and paid for to be in newspapers and funeral websites.

There is nothing wrong with f.a.g. members copying a deceased photo from obituaries or funeral home websites and there is nothing wrong with f.a.g. members taking photos of gravestones that have been paid for by family members to help make my website profitable. I do have a sponsorship option for memorials to remove the ads for a one time fee of 5 dollars though I make much more from the ads.

I am living a very comfortable life I gross over a 600 thousand dollars a year from my f.a.g.

site. People that complain are just jealous and bitter because I profit from their loved ones deaths without providing a service to the deceased like a funeral home.

Find A Grave Reviews