San Antonio, Texas
3.3K views

Find A Grave owner Jim Tipton is a thief he creates a website for members to add burial information thus creating so called "memorials" he uses these memorials for ad space and charges members to sponsor these memorials. He makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from the deaths of others loved ones and provides no service to the survivors.

He and his administration have a set of so called "faq's" that only apply to a few. Find A Grave members constantly steals obituaries, steals photos and information from newspapers, websites and funeral homes. Information provided by the family to the various media with permission for the information to be used only in those media forms NOT Find A Grave.

Find A Grave is notorious for violating copyrights and allowing its members to violate copyrights. Members are out thousands of dollars from their free work so that Jim Tipton can make a profit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Find A Grave Website.

Comments

Battyterri4

Oh and perhaps people have had unpleasant experience's when dealing directly with them. But do you really think the site owner is writing these comments? It's probly a crazy person or angry person getting off on knowing ppl are that angry at this Jim guy, they aren't thinking right and do believe its him.

Oh boy...

Battyterri4

I actually find Find A Grave site as a win, win situation . I haven't had to pay for anything ( it could be included with an ancestry site) . I have found wonderful info on that site. I can't afford to fly all over half the U.S. to take pictures of family history. If he makes money from advertising good for him, everyone else does .

I guess I'm not getting everyone's problems.

I do find being nice first instead of assuming the bad does work.

Stop calling me a thief, it isn't me the volunteers are the ones taking pictures of the graves and gravestones your family bought and paid for the volunteers are the ones stealing the obituaries and pictures of your dead family and posting them on the F.A.G. site, none of this matters as long as at the end of the day make a profit.

@Jim Tipton

Jim would you remove on Dash page where she claims she is burn out so she will only check back from time to time I think she has many account too right Chris

Jim Tipton is a f.a.g. r.a.t!

He and his pinions should have be tarred and feathered. I hope everybody takes their dogs to take a big f.a.g.

S..H..I..T! on his families graves!

I have never joined the f.a.g. website as I thought is was tacky how they act like the "memorials" are in memory of a loved one when they have tacky ads and pop ups.

And they charge to have them removed. In this way it is true that the website owner Tipton is profiting from the deaths of our loved ones..tacky tacky are outright disgusting it figures he is a Mormon/***.

Yes, I'm a thief and there is nothing you can do about it. I will continue to profit from the deaths of your loved ones I will continue to violate copyrights.

How else can I get a picture of your loved ones unless I have my members steal them from the obituaries you paid to have printed in your local newspaper.

So what if you paid for the burial plot and the gravestone my website is going to profit from pictures of that gravestone. Deal with it I'm rich and greedy and nobody is going to stop me!

yeah all you f.a.g. members keep working to help jim tipton make millions you s...uc.....kers!

Find A Grave and its members are grave vampires!

STOP SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF THE SURVIVORS SO JIM TIPTON CAN PROFIT FROM OUR LOVED ONES DEATHS!!!

Company Name Find A Grave Inc

Industry Business Services

Employees 25 - 100

Revenue $1 - 10M

Ownership Privately Held

So Jim Tipton uses our loved ones for profit, so what if he uses members labor for profit, as long as he came of it a way to exploit men, women and children after their deaths. Who cares that members steal photos of family as long as Tipton continues to make millions off of the deaths of others and f.a.g.

members. I love that the memory of my mom is being exploited and that Jim is making money off of her death she wasn't worth a dime in life.

MemoriesOfMom

Seems people are slightly upset that Jim Tipton came up with the idea before they did LOL

Blue Genes
@MemoriesOfMom

Wow, have you missed the point! Online memorials should be just that - memorials.

What he and his minions have done is desecrate our loved ones by turning his site into a numbers racket.

He ALLOWS this behavior. Make no mistake, he knows what's going on over there - and does NOT give a ***.

To you pissed consumers why do you think I chose a website with the acronym f.a.g. I wanted it to reflect me and it does as does the administration I have in place.

I take great joy in the fact that I have thousands of people spending their money and time to document grave locations so that I continue to make millions with free labor.

You all are the idiots I am the smart one and the one with all the money because you all are a bunch of saps! Go ahead and keep filing complaints with BBB I don't care that my company has a "F" rating.

Blue Genes
@Jim Tipton

I reposted this comment on the findagrave website to see if this is really Jim Tipton...needless to say it's not. Are you that big of a loser that you would want to impersonate this ***?

Company Name Find A Grave Inc

Industry Business Services

Employees 25 - 100

Revenue $1 - 10M

Ownership Privately Held

Jim Tipton and his administration and f.a.g. members have a wolf pack mentality and feed on innocent members in an effort to ban them from the site so they can take over your contributions.

You will also find they are notorious for violating copyrights.

Proof by the photos added to f.a.g. of the victims of Sandy Hook the member did NOT have permission from the family to use their childrens photos but yet they are on the site and the member that added them has NOT been banned...makes you wonder doesn't it.

#619017

Tipton is a THEIF and a ***. The SOB needs to be locked up. And all those *** hoarders/collectors are nothing but pitiful, miserable little self-loathing maggots with no life of their own.

Hi you "pissed consumers" feel free to show my family the same inconsideration I show yours on my F.A.G. website.

Tipton Family Find A Grave Memorial# 5555157

Jim Tipton #1

Nancy Tipton Davis #47039278

Jennifer Tipton #50913

@J Tipton

Jim might not be to blame ),maybe it's the ones he has working for him ,And I hope if he knew he would put a stop to it. He does need people in Ca and different place that can go get photos.I do see how members with a lot of grave in Ca do get a pass with treating member like crap.

The member has been disconnected 5 times but gets back on every time.She is back But she does not care what They do to her she just makes a new account then transfers the graves to FindAGrave and it worked. She now has about 6 working account and used her name on the flowers So that does look very unfair But like facebook findagrave might be facing the same thing if the right people gets the news on how curator are doing ,I think Jimand Tayna might get a bad wrap because of some of the curators that are over or done with findagrave just add the member back to make findagrave look bad .

@Dashout

It's not Jim that is rude to members it's Dash and Aj they are the worst of all .They get a high off being mean until you do it back then they just still your graves, Jim is not the bully Send it to Ancestry ,Right Michelle aka Anonymous was turn off By AJ for leavening silly *** on his family graves But good for aj