4K views

Find A Grave owner Jim Tipton is a thief he creates a website for members to add burial information thus creating so called "memorials" he uses these memorials for ad space and charges members to sponsor these memorials. He makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from the deaths of others loved ones and provides no service to the survivors.

He and his administration have a set of so called "faq's" that only apply to a few. Find A Grave members constantly steals obituaries, steals photos and information from newspapers, websites and funeral homes. Information provided by the family to the various media with permission for the information to be used only in those media forms NOT Find A Grave.

Find A Grave is notorious for violating copyrights and allowing its members to violate copyrights. Members are out thousands of dollars from their free work so that Jim Tipton can make a profit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Find A Grave Website.

Location: San Antonio, Texas

Comments

Yes, I'm a thief and there is nothing you can do about it. I will continue to profit from the deaths of your loved ones I will continue to violate copyrights.

How else can I get a picture of your loved ones unless I have my members steal them from the obituaries you paid to have printed in your local newspaper.

So what if you paid for the burial plot and the gravestone my website is going to profit from pictures of that gravestone. Deal with it I'm rich and greedy and nobody is going to stop me!

yeah all you f.a.g. members keep working to help jim tipton make millions you s...uc.....kers!

Find A Grave and its members are grave vampires!

STOP SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF THE SURVIVORS SO JIM TIPTON CAN PROFIT FROM OUR LOVED ONES DEATHS!!! Company Name Find A Grave Inc Headquarter PO Box 522107 Salt Lake City, UT, 84152-**** Tipton, Jim Marketing Executive Marketing Manager-Level jim@***.com Phone Number +1.801.671.4677 Industry Business Services Employees 25 - 100 Revenue $1 - 10M Ownership Privately Held

So Jim Tipton uses our loved ones for profit, so what if he uses members labor for profit, as long as he came of it a way to exploit men, women and children after their deaths. Who cares that members steal photos of family as long as Tipton continues to make millions off of the deaths of others and f.a.g.

members. I love that the memory of my mom is being exploited and that Jim is making money off of her death she wasn't worth a dime in life.

Terri A

Seems people are slightly upset that Jim Tipton came up with the idea before they did LOL

Alana M
@Terri A

Wow, have you missed the point! Online memorials should be just that - memorials.

What he and his minions have done is desecrate our loved ones by turning his site into a numbers racket.

He ALLOWS this behavior. Make no mistake, he knows what's going on over there - and does NOT give a ***.

To you pissed consumers why do you think I chose a website with the acronym f.a.g. I wanted it to reflect me and it does as does the administration I have in place.

I take great joy in the fact that I have thousands of people spending their money and time to document grave locations so that I continue to make millions with free labor.

You all are the idiots I am the smart one and the one with all the money because you all are a bunch of saps! Go ahead and keep filing complaints with BBB I don't care that my company has a "F" rating.

Alana M
@PissedConsumer635863

I reposted this comment on the findagrave website to see if this is really Jim Tipton...needless to say it's not. Are you that big of a loser that you would want to impersonate this ***?

Company Name Find A Grave Inc

Industry Business Services

Employees 25 - 100

Revenue $1 - 10M

Ownership Privately Held

Jim Tipton and his administration and f.a.g. members have a wolf pack mentality and feed on innocent members in an effort to ban them from the site so they can take over your contributions.

You will also find they are notorious for violating copyrights.

Proof by the photos added to f.a.g. of the victims of Sandy Hook the member did NOT have permission from the family to use their childrens photos but yet they are on the site and the member that added them has NOT been banned...makes you wonder doesn't it.

#619017

Tipton is a THEIF and a ***. The SOB needs to be locked up. And all those *** hoarders/collectors are nothing but pitiful, miserable little self-loathing maggots with no life of their own.

Hi you "pissed consumers" feel free to show my family the same inconsideration I show yours on my F.A.G. website.

Tipton Family Find A Grave Memorial# 555****

F.A.G. Memorial# 501****

F.A.G. Memorial# 1801****

F.A.G. Memorial# 4870****

Jim Tipton #1

Nancy Tipton Davis #4703****

Jennifer Tipton #50913

@PissedConsumer618973

Jim might not be to blame ),maybe it's the ones he has working for him ,And I hope if he knew he would put a stop to it. He does need people in Ca and different place that can go get photos.I do see how members with a lot of grave in Ca do get a pass with treating member like crap.

The member has been disconnected 5 times but gets back on every time.She is back But she does not care what They do to her she just makes a new account then transfers the graves to FindAGrave and it worked. She now has about 6 working account and used her name on the flowers So that does look very unfair But like facebook findagrave might be facing the same thing if the right people gets the news on how curator are doing ,I think Jimand Tayna might get a bad wrap because of some of the curators that are over or done with findagrave just add the member back to make findagrave look bad .

@PissedConsumer1468338

It's not Jim that is rude to members it's Dash and Aj they are the worst of all .They get a high off being mean until you do it back then they just still your graves, Jim is not the bully Send it to Ancestry ,Right Michelle aka Anonymous was turn off By AJ for leavening silly *** on his family graves But good for aj

Your complaint is valid. My nephew was killed at Sandy Hook and someone from the website took his picture and added it to the website without permission from the family.

I tried to contact the member with no response I then contacted the owner of the website via email, message board and his profile and he did not respond, however he took the time to delete my messages.

My brother is still grieving but in time he will file a formal complaint and sue all those using his sons image without permission. Hope the owner of the website has deep pockets because he will be sued for copyrights and for using his sons tragic murder to gain revenue.

My bad I'm an foolish "Old Dude", yes I can see how you are out thousands as well as other members the cost of gas, batteries, electricity, internet service, use of camera, wear and tear on car and tires, while Jim Tipton sits at home collecting over 400,000 dollars a year from others work. Just the advertising alone has made him a millionaire not to mention all the memorials that are created by free labor and sponsored by others.

Terri A
@PissedConsumer599266

I am in total agreement and wish people would come together and make sure if a member is banned from *** that their work goes with them. He banned them so therefore their work is not important to him, right?

"I agree if a member has their account canceled all the memorials they created should be deleted and all the photos they added should be deleted!

If Jim Tipton fails to delete all contributions, memorials & photos then he is DEFINITELY A THEIF & should be prosecuted & sued. Apologies for my error in judgement."

Chirstina
@Terri A

I am STILL waiting, my account is NOT reinstated, all my memorials & photos are still online, NO refund of money I paid for sponsorship of several of my memorials.

There are STILL members that continue to hound me, even though I can't do anything with my account or memorials.

Just a bunch of greedy pigs.

And how do you claim that "Members are out thousands of dollars from their free work?" The members are volunteers, not slaves. Nobody is forcing them to work.

As you said, it is "FREE" work. So, they are not "out" of any money.

So how is Jim Tipton a thief???

According to your own message, he hasn't stolen anything. He merely sells ad space on his website ...

just like 90% of the websites on the interet.

Instead, your message alleges that folks who post on his web page steal obits, etc. Doesn't that make the members theives, rather than Jim Tipton?

Find A Grave Reviews