Find A Grave - My experience with Findagrave WAS great. Now, it's horrible!

The old site was much more user-friendly than this new piece of junk is. I just tried to fulfill a picture request in the Hayden Cemetery, in Jennings County, Indiana USA, for a picture of MY SISTER'S stone, but the website kept redirecting me to another cemetery, I believe it was somewhere in Africa. That was clearly NOT the information I entered. I have NEVER had issues like this before. I have entered MANY graves on this site because I had gotten so much help from it before and I wanted to "give back" to the findagrave community, but this site has become ridiculous. If you need help in maintaining this site, get it! It WAS a very good website, but it seems to be turning into something that is inaccurate, inaccessible and incensing!

Did you report the problem to Find A Grave? Not sure what you think this site can do about it since it isn't affiliated with Find A Grave.

The new site is much better than the old site. It's not the site that's the problem, it's the users who don't care to learn and then complain about doing everything.

@PissedConsumer1546424

The old site was much easier to use and a lot better to look at. However, I do like the new site set up for adding memorials..... I only wish that the new site looked more like the old site which was much easier on the eyes.

@PissedConsumer1546424

If it were better there would be no complaints. As it is everyone is complaining.

Many problems with the new and "improved" site, how sad.

View more comments (4)
Let the company propose a solution
I do not like the new Find a Grave. Want the old one back! I have followed Find a Grave since you started. I love reading the stories and looking at pictures. It is history! The old is so much easier to use. So disappointed that you changed it. Don't think I will use...

You might as well tilt at windmills 'cause the old site isn't coming back.

Bad quality

Find A Grave - Disappointed to say the least.

This new Find-A-Grave site is a disgusting mess, with the info. all over the place. The format is terrible, definitely not as legible as the old site. You have to move all over the page to possibly find what you might be looking for. I really fail to see, how that this new site is protecting our Privacy. Just a lame excuse for change, most likely so that pages couldn't be printed off so easily. New Memorials are added in the same way so what's that got to do with our Privacy. I think this is a great dishonour to everyone who has worked diligently to make this a wonderful site. I would be happy to see the old site left accessible. Please reconsider.

Totally agree

Have you ever bought a house? When you did, I'll bet you decorated it the way you wanted rather than how the previous owners had it.

Suppose some of your guests were also guests of the previous owners.

If these guests tell you they like the old decor better, even though it was 20 years old, would you go back to that? That all sounds pretty ridiculous and yet, that's exactly what you're wanting from Find A Grave.

Put the "new" site in the trashcan. It was obviously designed by those who neither use nor contribute to Find A Grave.

You are absolutely correct. The old site is a 100% better and much easier to work with. THE new site is ATROCIOUS !

@PissedConsumer1539164

They finely took down the old website. People are quite upset !

This was the unthinkable thing to do. What a shame!

It's time to put up a memorial for the old website . The new site looks dang bad!

@PissedConsumer1543597

Eh....I have heard that the whole complaining crew on fg. are going at it full blast about how horrible the new website is.

Also, the flower-making donkeys who never quit griping about anything or everyone on this site. They hate all the lame changes happening there, and their whole intent for being there is to only bully, grumble and continuously tattletale on each other and cause chaos.

@PissedConsumer1544486

You are talking about the mentally deficient who hangout there daily. All we want is the old site back.

at first you could go to the original posted website, now the have destroyed Americas historical records of individuals that built the country, society and each one of their descendants EVIL and hey meant to do this harm

@PissedConsumer1538694

I agree! They have also destroyed many ancient and accurate genealogy lines which is very weird, and beyond me why anyone would go there and destroy peoples TRUE genealogy history! DNA is helpful ,,,but some of these control freaks who are doing this need to find another destructive hoppy to meet their foolish and whacky agendas.

@PissedConsumer1539120

This makes no sense.

View more comments (10)

Find A Grave - Frustrating

On all of the Urton gravesites for Middletown Historical Cemetery, Middletown, Jefferson Co., KY, FindAGrave has this prompt "Memorial has been Removed". But that is not so. And I want that prompt removed promptly. If you click on Cemetery, enter Middletown Historical Cemetery, then enter "Urton" up pops a list of all Urtons buried there, plus Memorial numbers and photos of stones and all the connected family. SO WHY DO YOU HAVE IT MARKED REMOVED when I click on it in Ancestry? I know you had trouble with the photographer of these graves for awhile...but now it is all photographed. WHY CAN'T YOU REMOVE THE "REMOVED" PROMPT AND MAKE IT EASY FOR US???? Carol Donovan (4814****) Answer: jimmetconner@***.com

Because we are Pakleds, and we are not smart?

@PissedConsumer1525441

Very true, and I'm Sorry for YOU Mr. Dude!

View more comments (1)
ID
#1311921 Review #1311921 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality
The only thing I am trying to do is find the cemetery that one of my ancestors at and no matter what information I enter this version of find a grave comes up with everything except what I want and not even the right person I am looking for. I have the name the dates...

The new find a grave sucks!!! The old version was soooo much easier to navigate and find what you wanted, and the new one I give up on, what a waste of time

Find A Grave Website
I cannot sign into Find A Grave. I signed into the Old one and was able to add my brother and sister. It added their names and information. The very same day, I tried the new Find A Grave, but I could not get in with my password. I changed it, but I still can't get in....

Did you type the username and password right? It's like trying to turn on the tv when it's unplugged.

Find A Grave - Dreadful Site

Needlessly ruined a useful reference site with appalling web design. So bad I no longer feel like looking at it. Whose bright idea was this to alienate a large proportion of the users. No longer a quick reference site have started using other reference sources for my family research that's how bad it is. Can you please delete this site and go back to the old one which was user friendly easy to navigate and didn't look like somebody designed it on a table napkin after a few pints in the pub. There's no excuse for something this awful in 2018 in fact there would be no excuse for this in the late 90's. I'd get on the phone to the designer and ask them for a refund.

I agree. I loved the old site.

Their reason for updating was bandwith, but anyone who knows how the internet works understands that all you have to do is increase your hosting bandwith package. I can rarely sign into the new site, or on many occasions like today it says login but goes absolutely nowhere!! Yet I can see all of my memorials, but not edit them because go figure, I am not signed in.. the worst, I can't add siblings now because I can't find the link.

I have taken to just documenting my own family. Besides, with all of the drama on FAG (like, hey that's my grave I made it first, or you made a duplicate take it down) it is really childish. I feel like this... if I am within 4 generations and you are a stranger, you can take your's down.

Thanks for the work you did, but you don't know them, you have no emotional ties and thus should have some respect.

We are all here to remember our families or HELP people find theirs. If contributors can't remember what the primary goal is they shouldn't be doing it.

#1521996
@PissedConsumer1521721

I totally agree with you. People who steal personal obituaries from the newspaper are deviates!

These guys do not know the first thing about genealogy research. These lowlives also have the audacity to trample in and around in private family cemeteries .......

AS WELL,These over sized busy bodies have no feelings for anyone alive or dead, but ONLY their personal big numbers for their silly BIO PAGE! These wormheads have NO ONE even buried in these family cemeteries, so they need to get the *** out of there.

@PissedConsumer1521996

I think family cemeteries are private property at least they should be. Maybe people should keep predators out by posting a no trespassing sign at the gate.

I think if people do not have family buried in a certain cemetery they should not tread on the ground of others in respect.

As far as obituaries go, people should not violate the copyright of the person who wrote the obituary without permission from the family. There are too many people who violate peoples personal property with no regards for the feelings of others and it all needs to stop.

@PissedConsumer1521996

I am a long time member of FAG and I will take you on in a genealogical research contest any day of the week. Trust me, you will be left in the dust.

@PissedConsumer1523734

I definitely would not trust your research work because it's probably as bad as your arrogance. It says a lot about your low self-esteem. :(

@PissedConsumer1521996

Yes, you are right. ONLY a lowlife would go in and tromp around and desecrate all these family memorials.

These hoarders need to be given fines for trespassing and as well for being so mentally twisted!

Who cares about all their ignoramus bio-numbers. Stealing family obituaries which are copyrighted by the person who writes them for news papers is in violation.

@PissedConsumer1521721

This is not the reason the new site was created. Good God, what a bunch of crap.

The old site's code was ancient (in computer years) and they were not going to to keep patching something old. It also was not capable of handling any upgrades or enhancements.Welcome to the 21st century.

@PissedConsumer1523732

It may be ancient but it is much easier to look at and work with. Who needs all the no sense, with showy , low-tect stuff which only makes the creator happy and gives everyone else a headache.

@PissedConsumer1526906

Please include all the hateful mean troublemakers there on fg. ---- It's outrageous, out of control with all the harassment that goes on there!

Ardeth

The format of the “new site” is not as easy to use as the old site. I do not like it!!!

It is also ugly!Also, pictures that people have put on their memorials of Cemetery entrances, gates, roads, etc are not being transferred. Why? Are we going to have to reload them to the new site?

These pictures help others who may travel to that Cemetery identify the Cemetery.Hey fellow find a grave users, SPEAK UP, let the ones who run findagrave know you are not happy with the change either. LR

View more comments (13)

Find A Grave - JUST NO WAY TO GET ON TO FINDAGRAVE

I have been able to use some old searched and get on but now even that is gone. How do we get findagrave back. The sign up think is impossible. Why has it been made so difficult? It was working so great and has been for years. Do the people running it have trouble with us using the site? I have been doing Genealogy for my family for a long time as i promised an Aunt that I would keep the Families records going. I'm an old man now and these computers are difficult enough already. We sure don't want to see any changes to try and cope with. at one time Ancestry.com was good but they can't be used any longer and the site Legacy.com is now so big they have all the records so messed up that you can't believe them. Roots Web and Findagrave was all we had left and we even lost rootsWeb for a while but some of it is coming back but not as good as it was.

It wasn't working great behind the scenes. Are you using the same operating system you had 20 years ago?

That's the equivalent of what was going on behind the scenes. The "code" was out of date. At some point in time, it would have crashed big time and the site would have been off-line until they got it reprogrammed with modern technology.

They've been working on this programming for over 3 years. did you want the site to go away for 3 years?

@PissedConsumer1551677

I have moved to Windows 7, have tried Windows 10 and 12 but those two are impossible to use. Is there a way to make a new version of findagrave that works with windows 7 that is as good as the old Findagrave ?

The new one is all backwards in trying to do Genealogy. It would be great for someone who already knows the person that died and had their name to put in or someone that already knows where a person is buried. The old program did not ask that but let you search for the last name and every State in the country if you wanted to go that route.

I most always have a first and last name but not a date of birth or a state where the person was born. It was a good try though and does not seem to be so messed up as anything touched by Legacy.

@PissedConsumer1591309

If you truly are using Windows 7, I'm sure there are a lot of sites you have difficulty with. That's not the site's fault.

I had an awesome 1967 car that I drove in high school, even though it was 30 years old then. As time went on, it became harder to find parts. The day came when I needed to replace the brakes. Guess what was no longer made?

So, I had to get a different car since Flintstone brakes weren't an option. That sucked.

View more comments (2)
Chicago, Illinois
Find A Grave Website
Pros
  • It the way it was when it worked
  • I used to love it using the old web site
Problem with delivery
you can't just put a name and location in and get a answer. you can not just put in a complain in short without being to how many words you have type. I think maybe they should let the customer set the rule and regulation for you guy to follow when screwing the site...

Um, what?

Bad quality

Find A Grave - Always changing stuff the way they want to, not what the custmer wants

3.0
If they are going to make changes, then ask their subscribers what change(s) they would like to see, not what the administrators want changed. And, add a damn phone number, so we can call in when we have a problem, and not just using an email address to contact you by, then wait 4 or 5 days for a reply. My problem is now, not 4 or 5 day later. *** by that time, I have already forgotten what my problem was in the first place, but you are probably hoping I will do that anyway. And too, when we call in, make sure it isn't out sourced to a country like Pakistan, or India, where we, as customers, can actually understand what the person trying to help us is saying.

Do you ask your guests how to decorate your home? Didn't think so.

At least they take personal information off their memorials for those who are listed on a monument that are alive, unlike "Billions of Graves" who invade everyones privacy including the living ! They have some lowlife slobs there who accumulate names even for the living!

They do not understand privacy. Criminal behavior!

@PissedConsumer1505466

I agree.Actually f-grave is more of a genealogy website now which makes it much better. I appreciate the ones there who give family memorials to family.

And people who add memorials are still welcomed. People just need to learn to share and put family first over vultures who hoard graves for numbers. Just because you took a cemetery picture doesn't mean you should have all rights to another persons family.

No need to be greedy. Our world is too full of narcism!

View more comments (2)
Find A Grave Website
Cons
  • Having to change my passcode
Poor customer service

Find A Grave - Worthless

The "new and improved" FaG website is simply WORTHLESS. The old site was great. I found out so much information quickly. This new site is worthless. Even if you put in the name and an accurate DOB and DOD and it still comes up with NOTHING. Then you go look at cemeteries. They used to list how many interments, how many were photographed and this helped you figure out if it was a private or public cemetery. Now, there's no information about the cemetery. If you looking in a particular county, you could spend all day going through every single cemetery in a particular county or city to figure out which one you should spend time on. Then there's the name search. The old site would list the results and every name and where they person was buried, their DOB and DOD etc. I DETEST this new site.

Your uneducated review is worthless.

#1520673
@PissedConsumer1512526

worthless is your comment ....

The so called "upgrade" is a major DOWNGRADE

@PissedConsumer1504427

I think the site is run by some woman named Dieheard.

@PissedConsumer1505528

Maybe you should actually try reading about the staff on FAG instead of spewing made-up crap.

@PissedConsumer1512528

Must be Dieturd :) But we all know how his name is really spelled-- no educated guess on that one ;)

@PissedConsumer1513674

What it must be like living in such a delusional world where facts don't matter and made up *** does.

@PissedConsumer1505528

"Sammy The Flying Fish"........THIS GUY hit the nail on the head. We all KNOW now who the real bully is here.

.......WOULDN'T HAVE EVED GUESSED! :D

DEFINITLY!

View more comments (8)
Find A Grave Website
Pros
  • Old website
Cons
  • New website
Keep the old website.

Find A Grave - Really discuss with new site!!

Been using Old Site for years, have retrieved a great deal of information that I could not find on New Site. Why do you think new is better? The info with pictures has really helped fill in missing links. I have shared the Old Site with a lot of people. Please bring back the old site!! I know that all people are not up in years, but the older people ( speaking for myself) have a hard enough time trying to remember simple tasks and don't need changes to confuse things worst! I still use a flip phone, simple, but it works for me great, that another reason I don't like change, beside being OLD!!

Find A Grave - The new look for find-a-grave

I am discussed with find-a-grave and the new search and look. It stinks. You cannot navigate to find memorials as well as before. I will not give Ancestry any money for anything....DNA or whatever. I don't know anyone who likes the new search for find-a-grave. And I have asked several of my associates. I have in the past recommended Ancestry for DNA to others but not any more. I will send them elsewhere. I am so sorry that that Jim Tipton sold find-a-grave to Ancestry. I can't believe he goes along with this new change. If I win the lottery I will by Ancestry and put everyone connected with find-a-grave out of work!

You're discussed? Are your "asssociates" also discussed?I love the new search on FAG. It is brilliant - it is faster and so easy to use.Having the goal to put others out of work because of your own inability and dislikes, says a lot about you.

Poor customer service

Find A Grave - Very frustrating to use and can't locate my family cemetery

Yes!!!!! Called other contacts and hot a email address only and thats what I am using!
Bad quality
as well as a Find A Grave advocate for almost as long. My use was incorporated into my personal research methodology and worked very well. Now I am not happy - as I very much prefer the older version. But - apparently, there is no way now to use that version. Are...

FAG was based on 20th century tech. It is now the 21st Century so it's about time they caught up with the rest of the world.