2.0

I have been doing genealogy for about 10 years, yesterday I decided to use Find A Grave site. I looked up my mother, imagine my surprise when I found someone had placed a stranger on their memorial stating this was their daughter I am an only child, and I am very much alive.

After reviewing the information, I found nothing indicating this person was related. I contacted the person who put the memorial up no response from her, found her on FB and messaged her. Got cursed out for bothering. Then contacted Find A Grave, try that not easy to do.

Only contact by email. After complaining to the administrator for 1 1/2 days I finally got this removed.

After looking at more memorials, I have found these people put 1000s of memorials up by simply taking pictures of grave markers. Some markers are on private property, frequently people were buried on their property here. I find it upsetting that strangers are posting information about people on a public website.

It does not help that many people have no knowledge of the families, and therefore no knowledge of inaccurate information. Frankly I am still shocked that some stranger would link a person as a family member without any attempt to research for accuracy.

Location: Scarbro, West Virginia

Comments

#1936669

First off you need to back up and look at the whole picture. Things do not always go your way.

This site is a great site for folks who are interested in geneology which you do not see to be inclined that way. If you are a member, use the edit button to delete incorrect link and have your mother transferred to you.

Also you need to read the rules of the site before you start slamming the best thing that has happened to genealogy for free. No one is perfect, not even you.

Find A Grave Reviews