94 views
Verified Reviewer

2.0

I have spent a lot of time adding my memorials to Find A Grave until they get merged by the same person when she isn't even related to me! The memorials I add are people directly related to me, and she merges them and then manages them, saying that she has accepted care for them!

I never gave her permission to merge them! Now the siblings for that person are now duplicated because of her, so they now have 20 siblings instead of 10! This woman is taking away everything from me and managing my memorials for families she isn't even related to! Her name is Gail.

Be aware everyone, your memorials can get merged, and then family links get removed, making it more confusing when they are your own family! Find A Grave needs to let someone else ask for permission to manage your memorials but they don't.

User's recommendation: Make sure your memorial doesn't get taken away!

Product or Service Mentioned: Find A Grave Website.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Find A Grave Pros: I can visit my deceased relatives, I love to volunteer, Nice site.

Find A Grave Cons: People merging my direct family memorials, Merging without permission making it more confusing.

Comments

#2049596

Yes I agree they are Like a a gosh company. They are not known for a location we all need a good lawyer and somone needs to go to the media and exposé all these ppl

#2001688

It sounds like your memorials were duplicates which aren't allowed. Members can only SUGGEST merges.

Find A Grave decides whether or not to accept those suggestions. Their policy is to keep the first memorial in the correct cemetery (or with the correct disposition).

Yours were either created later than the other or yours did not have the correct disposition. These policies are all found in the Help section.

#1990991

Yours was deleted because you created it after her memorial was already there! You have to do a search to see if the memorial has already been created before you add a new one. You can't have duplicates.

Find A Grave Reviews