Show reviews that mention
site family people information memorials memorial cemetery members website member
Filter review

Password problems

Cannot get into website with my current password. Need help with getting new password

User's recommendation: Got a new password. Thank you. No longer pissed, never was. Just frustrated.

ID
#2021869 Review #2021869 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Minneapolis, Minnesota

They have been real helpful

5.0
hi iuse find a grave often and have never had an issue the tim you mention got all contact info together for my grandma not even my mom new what her full name was but it all matched up.if you had a bad experince i bet it was unintencional,and to be honest you sound like a crybaby they vounetere all there time ,im sure the 4 bucks you sent in was just enough to put themover the top.relaxe the do alot of good for us whoare serching for lost loved ones.so didyou try talking calmley to them

I volunteer all my time too, I did the entire county, and they deleted a LOT of what I entered and I paid more than 4 bucks to sponsor pages!! Crybaby, not hardly, have you walked & photographed an entire county of cemeteries?

@PissedConsumer1015543

Is it possible your memorials were duplicates?

View more comments (1)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Pros
  • That they help people out of the kindness off there heart
Reason of review
they do alot of good for people

ADMINISTRATOR JULIE S. ABUSES PHOTO VOLUNTEER SYSTEM

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&G deletes photos taken through the system Jim Tipton has set up that sends notice to volunteers that someone would like a picture Julie s. Administrator of Jim Tipton. Jim Tipton approves of her behavior to delete the work of photo volunteers and then set up new requests to send out another person to get the photos.... She placed 2 photo requests after deleting 5,000pics in the cemetery 60 people were by passed twice for her vengeful game to rip someone off just one memorial. She deleted the other 5,000 created by walking cemeteries documenting and photographing each stone for her mom ..... I am now being stalked for speaking out about jim Tipton approving of this abuse of the photo volunteer system and administrators going out of their way to let volunteers who fulfill this task that they are nothing more than garbage and replaceable as they get the next fool to go back out and get new pictures.

All that, deleting 5,000 memorials, just "to rip someone off just one memorial?" When you say she already had all that power, just to take that one, or delete it, at any time? What would the point be?

I'm lost in your posting, frankly.

I'm lost in why this admin would do as you say she has, when the power to do what you say she wanted (get one memorial), was "Julie's" to just do in a second and be done with it.

From what I've seen of the site, there are a large number of admins. I'm unsure why you are convinced that one has done all this. Or how you know Jim Tipton knew and approved of all of her actions? What's the big deal over "just one memorial?"

Seems like a lot of assumptions, here.

And no, I'm not "Julie." Or Jim Tipton...

just a lost reader of complaints.

I love this site because the TRUTH is coming out about the evils of f.a.g members, jim tipton and his administrators. They are a bunch of grave vampires feeding off of our loved ones!

Jessie

Yea see the website FAQS forbids deleting original memorial and reproducing it... one complaint even has a woman getting banned for doing just that with her great uncles memorial, but yet an administrator can come along and delete the original and reproduce it under findagrave.

Talk about a messed up website. It defiantly takes advantage of volunteering and exploits and abuses it.

How sick is that...

#552044

the so called f.a.g. faq's are load of ***..that has been well established on this website as well as many others.

they only apply to members that do not have friends that are f.a.g. adminstrators. lonewalker you are clearly someone that abuses others and as well as exploits our loved ones deaths. stay away from our family cemetery you are trespassing!

poor lonewalker its true you are pathetic! as for the so called duped faq it is bogus since I can site several dupes that were merged and the duper maintains the memorial so get your facts right, you spewing outright lies!

ANGEL

I KNOW THE JULIE S OF YOU ARE REFERRING, SHE HAS TRIED TO CHANGE HER COLORS BUT SHE IS ALWAYS ON THE FORUM GIVING HER WORTHLES TWO CENTS IN. SHE AND OTHERS ON THE FORUM ARE ALL ABOUT PUTTING DOWN OTHER MEMBER AND COMPLAINING UNTIL THEY GET THEM BANNED WHICH IS THEIR ULTIMATE GOAL.

"San Antonio, Texas,"

They absolutely need a better system that does not send people out in to the cemeteries wasting their time. My first suggestion would be to get rid of Julie S.

The administrator who believes in encouraging the abuse of a photo volunteer time and efforts. Then engages in the act of abusing and wasting volunteers time herself. CHECK THIS OUT ! I googled cyber stalker and findagrave.

I could not believe what I found. Apparently someone kept stealing claimed photo requests and cyber-stalking. The victim reported the cyber stalking to findagrave. The administrator told her to ignore it.

They did not ban the stalker so the woman admits to using his email address so that the stalker receives her junk email. This is why this website is crazy to participate on.

Why is it called Find A Grave? It does NOT make any sense to have a volunteer system asking good hearted people to "find a grave" photograph it and then have some jealous mean hearted member have the volunteer's efforts deleted.

though my posts say from "san antonio, texas". Me and my puter are located in Jacksonville, Florida.

I did not know how upset people were getting about me using different names on this website. I assumed because the site tracks the town and state people would be able to identify my posts.

In July something was wacky with the site.All my posts are listed under Madison Wisconsin from July 1, 2012 to July 27,2012 On July 28 it changes to Minneapolis, Minnesota. I will now stick to using one name to help you all out but if I forget remember all of July Madison WS and Minneapolis Minnesota to date.

Jessie
@PissedConsumer548305

Do not help the *** people of Find A Grave stalk you!!! what is wrong with you.

Use different ID's all the time. I am in a facebook FindAGrave group. One lady is looking up personal information on people and spouting it out in the group.

Much like" Read The FAQ's" does below!

What kind of website lets predators run rogue like this; in place of rules and website support!!!

I quit the group and Find A Grave because I have a family ! I do not want to risk endangering my family on a website that offers no protection from *** vigilantes

View more comments (18)
Loss
new issue -If you plan on using this site be prepared you will for the most part be surrounded by wonderful people but eventually the ones WHO may be troubled come at you out of know where and you have no idea what just happened because those people are random...
#1929453

The ones you will find on the site that are crazy: people who manage 100,000 memorials or more. These people have some sick obsession, and will be the first ones to harass, threaten, and be nasty to you to get what they want. They have mental problems.

View more comments
Product
Find A Grave Account

Aministrators Deleting Photos Taken by Volunteers

Jim Tipton makes a living off of volunteers. You would think he might have a zero tolerance for any abuse to the system. However his volunteer administrators like Julie are deleting photos taken by volunteers that believed they were helping someone else. ARE You driving out of town buying batteries spending a couyple hours looking for a stone that someone requested a photo for? there is a 50/50 chance that it is being deleted for a number of reasons . Volunteers running the site have egos bigger than their humanity and do not have to follow rules so they delete memorials to control who owns them I lost 16,000 photos taken over a period of 5 years. STEPHEN JEWETT Maple lawn cemetery Faribault Minnesota the administrator JULIE deleted the entire memorial I did the research for 2 headstone pictures one I took when i first made the memorial and the other her mom placed a request in my memorial and i filled it when i had a break in school the administrator who delted and then duped my memorial then placed a photo request for a NEW PICTURE ! keep in mind she deleted 16,000 pictures so people are placing new requests. 50 people were passed over who lost pictures and have just been waiting. JULIE has a new picture..... this act of abuse is disturbing. The system she abused and the reason she did it was to torment the rule following fool who had just gone out to the cemetery and took a picture to help someone out.....She deleted them and sent someone out again... DISGUSTING http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=8737****

I have seen hundreds of volunteer photos removed by administrators...They need to remove the volunteer option it is just a waste of time, gas and money on the part of the volunteer as you never know if your photo is going to be deleted by unscrupulous administrators!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE LAUGHS...YOU JUST KEEP MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF...HEHE

FIND A GRAVE "SO CALLED" FAQ'S: "Any contributor can upload an appropriate photo to any memorial regardless of who manages the page. No permission from the memorial manager is needed."-Find A Grave FAQ's

THAT F.A.G.FAQ IS A COMPLETE & UTTER LIE TOO!!! JUST LIKE EVERYTHING "READ THE FAQ'S" COMMENTS.

I have filed a report with the police. They are monitoring the content right now.

The cyber stalker and bully is stalking multiple people though I think I might submit stalking and bullying to all 5/ or 6 of the states to include the ones that the stalkers live in.

What I also want to know is why Jim Tipton bans people for using chalk on headstones but when one of his members is stalking and bullying outside of findagrave obsessing of the death of my 4 year old son why does he do nothing? just please be careful

Alana M

@ Stalked by findagrave - why haven't you contacted the police? If you have contacted the police what is being done?

Have you filed a complaint? Have you contacted the BBB?

There is really nothing more corrupt than abusing the effort of any volunteer!!! When someone gets burned volunteering they will be less likely to go out and do it again.

The fact that people are being cyber stalked and bullied on this website is disturbing. My daughter found some stranger grossly discussing her brothers death in a hate blog The stalker linked my face book account to a hate blog exposing my family minor children and vulnerable adults to attack BY FINDAGRAVE MEMBERS.

FIND A GRAVE PROFITS FROM OTHERS WORK NOT THEIRS! THEY PROFIT FROM THE ADS THEY PROFIT FROM THE SPONSORSHIPS THEY PROFIT FROM THE PHOTOS & VOLUNTEERS PHOTOS!

THE CONTROL FREAKS ARE THE FIND A GRAVE ADMINSTRATORS THAT CHOOSE WHICH GUIDELINES APPLY TO WHO, ITS LIKE DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO MENTALITY.

SHAME ON FIND A GRAVE AND THEIR UNSCRUPOLOUS ADMINISTRATION & WEB SITE!

REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU! LETS GET FIND A GRAVE ALSO KNOWN AS FIND A HEARTACHE SHUT DOWN!

You may want to go back and check the state listing for Blue Genes from July 1 2012 -August 4, My state is listed as Madison Wisconsin And I corrected it August 6 2012 to Minneapolis Minnesota It has been that ever since... I do not think it is a good idea for you to try and stalk blue genes.....

Admins absolutely think it is funny as heck to get you to spend your money and free time on helping others out. Driving to a cemetery out of town and spending an hour or so looking for the stone to take a picture for a complete stranger out of the kindness of your heart.

If you are doing that you should know JULIE thinks your a joke!!!

Jim Tipton condones his staffs behavior when they do humiliate you for going out to get those pictures. 60 people were passed over when her humiliation photo requests were placed and filled before any of the others who lost photos due to her deleting the total amount of EDITED pictures I took of 16,000 pictures 5 years wasted and lesson learned JIM TIPTON THINKS WASTING VOLUNTEERS TIME IS FUNNY!!!

For those who don't know the whole story: AKB71, Blue Genes and OMG!!! are all the same person.

Now, to clarify the "Julie" situation.

There is, indeed, an admin named Julie. She is not the same Julie as is a prolific poster in the Forums.

AKB71/Blue Genes/OMG!!! believes the person who requested the photo was the admin Julie's mother but that is solely a SUPPOSITION on her part. AKB71/Blue Genes/OMG!!!

(and a ton of other names here on Pissed Consumer) has a bad habit of jumping to conclusions without proof and will not provide proof when called on it.

Take half of what she claims and throw it in the trash. Take the other half with a healthy dose of salt (not just a pinch).

View more comments (13)
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection
  • Verified content

For more information about PissedConsumer check out our Blog article

I'm new to findagrave and after reading these complaints..

I am likely going to stop posting to the site. Reading about online stalkers, terrible admin. people, posters who will not return emails, etc. has gotten me worried. I saw one suggestion online, which was to write to ancestry.com to see if they might start a similar service. I am going to do just that, because in theory maybe some of the crazies will NOT have access to that website. I think like many issues with internet services, findagrave is free and entirely open to the public. That brings good things and bad things, obviously. I would be infuriated if some of the things that have happened to other users happened to me as well, and at this point I'm worried about those things occurring. And when the people who are supposed to be in charge are treating others with such intense disrespect and are being so petty, I think it's a big issue. The place sounds like it's being run by middle schoolers. Again, I have never had issues with the place. But it sounds like it's just a matter of time... So I am going to write to ancestry.com to ask them if they would consider starting a similar service, and I guess I'd suggest others do that as well. Good luck to all who are having issues.

Yes, I'm a thief and there is nothing you can do about it. I will continue to profit from the deaths of your loved ones I will continue to violate copyrights.

How else can I get a picture of your loved ones unless I have my members steal them from the obituaries you paid to have printed in your local newspaper.

So what if you paid for the burial plot and the gravestone my website is going to profit from pictures of that gravestone. Deal with it I'm rich and greedy and nobody is going to stop me!

I left findagrave and now use billiongraves what an amazing site! A faster process built on teamwork.

I will never go back to the findagrave website.

It is neglected and people cyberstalk and bully on findagrave. It is just not a safe place to be.

After reading about find a grave, I hope to God that none of my loved ones are on that site. Maybe they should record pet cemeteries instead.

There initials for the site F,A.G are extremely offensive, it would be like starting a site with the abbreviation of the very offensive N word. And the reading the behavior of Tipton the owner of the site as well as the administrators they sound atrocious. Shame on tipton for making money off the dead by selling sponsor ships that get deleted. He might as well be a grave robber along with his administrators.

Free or not I'd rather pay for professionalism.

This Find A Grave site should be renamed Find A Powertrip. Horrible

There initials for the site *** are extremely offensive, it would be like starting a site with the abbreviation of the very offensive N word. And the reading the behavior of Tipton the owner of the site as well as the administrators they sound atrocious. Shame on tipton for making money off the dead by selling sponsor ships that get deleted. He might as well be a grave robber along with his administrators.

Free or not I'd rather pay for professionalism.

This Find A Grave site should be renamed Find A Powertrip. Horrible

There initials for the site *** are extremely offensive, it would be like starting a site with the abbreviation of the very offensive N word. And the reading the behavior of Tipton the owner of the site as well as the administrators. Free or not I'd rather pay for professionalism.

This Find A Grave site should be renamed Find A Powertrip. Horrible

OH ?? If there are jerks in the forum why are they not being reported and removed ???

so it can be used by respectful people??? seems like a backward Idea to kick good people out by banning or scaring them out....So the abusive people can have the run of the place

Bill

Yes, friend, it's "just a matter of time".

And whatEVER you do, do NOT give them any money for ANYthing.

:cry

Ancestry.com? Don't they have enough of the market, lol, and one has to pay for access.

I have seen the behavior mentioned and find that if I stay away from the forum the site retains it's charm ;)

Rae

I am not new to find a grave, photographed and entered 1000's. There are many "contributors" who make their own rules and get by with it.

All that have posted about the forums and admin are very correct. I had a simple question that was not in FAQ and you cannot believe the hostility I was met with. That is twice and by same people. Some of these "pets" have over 20,000 - 40,000 posts-so you know they sit there all day.

Then you have the nice ones which try to attempt cover for the horrible people. You will be fine if only enter & photograph-I have met some great people too.

Good luck. Hope ancestry will come up with a site!!

Clydene, I agree with no headstones. I'm going to be cremated and thrown into the wind. My descendants wil have other pictures besides headstones to see.

View more comments (14)