I tried to edit memorials for a specific cemetery that were created by someone who is not active anymore. Their (F_A_G) policy is to honor memorials created first even if the person is not active.

I tried to make changes and get them edited but no response. Then I requested that the memorials be transferred to me so I can fix them but no response. Other than emails and forums there is no way to contact them now.

I am really mad that it was sold to Ancestry, all the hard work that people did for free will now be a profit center for the Mormon church which basically owns Ancestry. Someone needs to create a new cemetery website so we can transfer all of our work and then delete our work from Ancestry.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Same for me.....I've been ignored by Findagrave for the last month. I've tried to have duplicate memorials removed, memorial inaccuracies corrected, and I've re-submitted a cemetery gate photo numerous times.....and absolutely NO RESPONSE! Come on Ancestry......you're letting your new acquistion go to pot!

SUGGESTION: contact find a grave - explain that the contributing member (give member #) is not active, and ask that memorial # (include the number) and name of memorial - be transferred to you. AND, if you have a connection to person memorialized, include that info.

I just encountered a memorial where contributor is no longer active (and it said 'no longer active') and there are corrections that are needed.

The person memorialized is not a relative but someone I knew for many years. I contacted *** and asked that this ONE memorial be transferred to me, the situation (other memorials created by inactive member weren't known to me and were all in different city/state/cemetery).

No email rec'd back - they just transferred the memorial to me! Pls give that a try, and let us know if it works for you.

Same problem here.