86 views

Didnt want parents headstone put out there for everyone to see. Its nobodies business but the family.

And I dont want rotten relatives finding the grave. Its an invasion of someones privacy.

Even kept the death out of the obituary and these *** go and put the headstone online. Bravo you jerks.

Location: Waterbury, Connecticut

Comments

#1936595

They did the same thing to my family without our permission. We are not a member of this website so how can they just walk up to a persons headstone and put it online.

Something needs to be done about this. I feel I should seek legal action in this matter.

#2016492
@PissedConsumer1936595

A person's right to privacy dies with them. So photographing a headstone isn't an invasion of anyone's rights.

#1934170

So, it’s ok for the world to go to the cemetery and see the headstones?...

#1934329
@PissedConsumer1934170

I don’t want someone especially a stranger and taking a picture of it and putting it online. That’s an invasion of privacy.

I didn’t say anything about people who pass by it in the cemetery. They have a right to be there to see their family members who have passed. No one but no one has the right to walk up to someone’s stone take a picture of it and put it online. Especially without permission.

If you think that’s ok to do than that’s your business, but this is mine. So mind your own business.

@PissedConsumer1934329

It is unfortunate that you are upset. However, you are mistaken that taking a photo of a grave marker is an invasion of privacy.

The dead have no rights, privacy or otherwise. If the cemetery is open for visitation by the general public, there cannot be an expectation of privacy. Even if the cemetery did not allow the general public to visit, if the grave can be seen from another property or from public property (the sidewalk or street), it can be legally photographed.

And no, permission is not needed. Just like Google doesn't need permission from every home owner to take their "Street View" photos.

#1934618
@PissedConsumer1934170

I think they mean when the picture is online, Moron.

Find A Grave Reviews