Verified Reviewer

I am a direct line of a memorial on Find a Grave, I created a memorial of this person added bio, family members, exact D/O/B etc. After creating this memorial I saw that another person had created a memorial on this person under incorrect spelling and info that was not "fit" for a deceased person.

I asked for transfer, was never answered by the individual that "owned" the memorial. Then I noticed that my memorial was tagged as a duplicate and Find a Grave transferred my memorial bio, pictures, family members and corrected info over to the individual that I asked transfer from. Now she has this memorial (she "owns" it because her grandfather line murdered my line). Find a Grave thinks this is appropriate!?

Family members should be allowed to manage family members. I would like memorial ID# 16790**** transferred to me. This memorial is in my city, her mother is the sister to my gr gr grandmother and is not related to the individual that is now managing.

I am really upset that my hard work and bio is now in the ownership of a non family member. My contributor ID is 4865****, Theresa Casler Dutton

User's recommendation: Do not trust litigation from Find a Grave.

Product or Service Mentioned: Find A Grave Genealogy Record.

Preferred solution: transfer of memorial to me.

Find A Grave Pros: Cemetery listings.

Find A Grave Cons: Theft of original memorials i created.

Comments

#1913365

I have the same unanswered complaints!! Have numerous direct family memorials that have a lot of incorrect information.

All “owned” by a 6th time removed cousin. I have been requesting transfers for almost a year and ALL have gone unanswered. Have sent numerous emails to findagrave with 0 replies!! I did manage to track down this cousin thru Facebook.

She responded with “I have been traveling this year and can’t use up my data.

It will have to wait until Spring of next year!” NOT ACCEPTABLE!! I am trying to “clean up” those memorials for printing and addition to a genealogy book for an upcoming reunion.

#1910685

That is awful and very disturbing practices. I don't like how these people are able to keep these memorials, have wrong info, many won't transfer either!

Very irritating! I recently found quite a few relatives on my mom's side, a link led to FA_ and so much of the info was wrong. I have their ancestral history and info, so I know the info was wrong. Back then many had the same names and migrated to the US so they take people with those names and erroneously list them as relatives.

SMH.

They should have it where users can name a person,give info on the grave site etc, however, when a relative knows the correct history and info, they can correct the info, and of course become the rightful owner! ~ Karla K.

Find A Grave Reviews