Aldrick Egw
map-marker Kerhonkson, New York

I have a problem as a member

I am a volunteer to take photos of grave stones and am getting requests WAY outside (Wales) of my location. Why?
Don T Gms
map-marker San Antonio, Texas

Find A Grave -Jim Tipton Thief

Find A Grave owner Jim Tipton is a thief he creates a website for members to add burial information thus creating so called "memorials" he uses these memorials for ad space and charges members to sponsor these memorials. He makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from the deaths of others loved ones and provides no service to the survivors.

He and his administration have a set of so called "faq's" that only apply to a few. Find A Grave members constantly steals obituaries, steals photos and information from newspapers, websites and funeral homes. Information provided by the family to the various media with permission for the information to be used only in those media forms NOT Find A Grave.

Find A Grave is notorious for violating copyrights and allowing its members to violate copyrights. Members are out thousands of dollars from their free work so that Jim Tipton can make a profit.

123

Guest

Contributors are giving him free labor and he's making a profit of the deaths (memorials) of family members.

Guest

Findagrave support does not attempt to resolve issues and takes the side of the volunteer who has uploaded the most memorials . Volunteers do not care whether or not the information they add is accurate.

To resolve this problem: Charge each volunteer a fee to create a memorial and for each image added. Findagrave is a group of mentally disturbed individuals.

Finding a grave has nothing to do with these volunteers. If those volunteers were physically active, they'd be considered a domestic terrorist group in the united states.

Guest

Since pictures and such are in the media, they are public...

Guest

I am so grateful for Find a Grave. Like so many people, my loved ones lived all over this country as well as many other countries around the world.

I'm so blessed to have found this site many years ago and to have seen memorials and grave markers of my family members all over the world that otherwise never would have been made available to many of us. Thank you Find a Grave and all members and of course the Contributors.

Guest

I have never been charged for this website. Besides it's a good resource if your doing your family tree research.

I have found many of my ancestors on it which I may have not.

Familysearch.org is how I found out about it. Yes there are some flaws, however a good resource.

ellen s Psh

maybe a class action suit against findagrave.com will stop them

reply icon Replying to comment of ellen s Psh

What would be basis of a class action suit?

Patricia M Nzn
reply icon Replying to comment of ellen s Psh

How do we go about it? They've stolen or deleted some of my memorials

Patricia M Nzn

Let's do it.

View more comments (121)
map-marker Longview, Texas

FIND A GRAVE CONTRIBUTORS ARE VULTURES AND HOADERS

I know what you mean about hoarding and vultures. Here's my story. My Father died in the Vietnam War my Mother had him buried in a family cemetery, the land was donated by my Great Great Father. My Mother had a double stone made with their names birth date, wedding date, Dads death date, names of myself and my siblings. It's a beautiful stone it was erected in the 1969. The cemetery is on private property and is locked with a combination lock. When my Mother passed earlier this year. I heard about findagrave and thought it would be nice to make a memorial for her. Which I did, the next day I got an ugly message saying that I had made a duplicate memorial. And I thought that was odd since I only had one memorial, they told me I duplicated my Mother's memorial??? What??? I said no, I don't think so and the person calling themselves GRAVER said he had made a memorial for my Mother 10 years ago. I ask how he knew my Mother he said I DON'T HAVE TO KNOW HER!! I ask how could you make a memorial for my Mother 10 years before she died. He said there was a stone for and he had taken a picture of the gravestone. There was not a death date for my Mother 10 years ago. I saw the picture he took and none of the flowers and crosses that are always on the stone weren't in the picture I thought that explains why many years ago when we went to the cemetery a bunch of the flower arrangements and mementos where moved to the sides of gravestones. This is what these GRAVERS do they stomp all over our families graves moving flowers to take pictures with no regard to the sanctity of their graves. I told him that, that is MY Mother and he made a memorial for someone who was not dead. He said he would transfer I said no, you should do the right thing and delete it. First, he tresspassed on private property, jumped the fence, moved flowers and mementos to take pictures and made memorials for people that are not dead. I have contacted findagrave and got no response. The next thing I know the memorial I made for MY MOTHER was deleted. Now I am working to get them to remove my Father & Mother's memorials. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau. My Brother, Sister and myself have all contacted findagrave and the BBB. Findagrave is a horrible site with a bunch of meanies running it. The GRAVER man has over hundred thousand memorials, it is disgusting he is a real "VULTURE".

KARI NORSTOG

I would like to "THANK YOU" Find A Grave by not allowing the "Act of Fraud" being played out by banning a contributor know as Kari Norstog #12728****. After Kari Norstog was banned from "Find A Grave" on April 15, 2014, Kari Norstog signed up eight more times as a contributor to Find A Grave. Find A Grave deleted all the fraudulent names provided by Kari Norstog.

The names were are as follows:

WILLIAM TUCK-#4840****,.....CKN-#12728****,.....STARLIGHT- />SPIRITWIND82-#4843****....MARTHA BREDESEN-#4842****,....

MARLA REDFEATHER-#4842**** MEYERS FAMILY-#4836****

The last I heard, Kari is still trying to be a contributor on Find A Grave with so success.

Thank you again.

Lenda Tuck

Reason of review:
Good customer service
Guest

KARI IS A LIAR KARI IS A LIAR KARI IS A LIAR "MY FACE BOOK HAS NO PICTURE OF ME!!!!" KARI IS A LIAR KARI IS A LIAR KARI IS A LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest

SO WHAT KARI!!!????? SERIOUSLY, YOU ARE A LIAR IT HAS BEEN PROVEN.

YOU SAID "MY FACE BOOK HAS NO PICTURE OF ME!!!!" AND IT DOES I JUST CHECKED AGAIN AND IT IS THERE. YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FAT LIAR!!!

NOTHING YOU SAY FROM HERE ON OUT HAS NO MEANING BECAUSE NO ONE CAN TRUST YOU TO TELL THE HONEST TO GOD TRUTH. SHAME ON YOU!

Guest

After reading through these comments one theme always appears in comments left my Kari or her alias's. Just to quote a few "you better watch out", "the clock is ticking", "you don't have much time left" just to quote of few.

In my opinion those are out right terrorist threats.

On the other hand I have yet to read one comment where Lenda or her alias's are harassing or threatening Kari. It is clear to all of us that are healthy minded and stable that Kari is engaging in terroristic attacks.

Why Lie 11 hours ago

Yeah I went to the face book page too right after that comment was posted and I saw the photo of Kari but after Kari saw the comment the photo was removed and the cover photo changed too....See for yourselves

In response to:I went to a "Kari Norstog's" face book page a few days ago and there was a picture of her it was a head shot hair do was from the eighties. There was a pic of chris and maddie, pics of scenery, pics of her bio dad, pics of kari in biker trash with biker trash.

Not sure why Kari is lying about the pics being there because they were before someone posted that fact on here. This must be how she got found out on findagrave. What kind of psycho rushes to remove pics of themselves on facebook just to say "MY FACE BOOK HAS NO PICTURE OF ME!!!!" When many of us saw them before she got a clue and removed them.

This little incident proves to me that Lenda is correct.

Guest

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR HAVING THE COMMON SENSE TO SEE THROUGH MY MALE COW MANURE. YOU ARE ALL RIGHT I HAVE POSTED ON HERE USING DIFFERENT NAMES JUST LIKE I DID ON FIND A GRAVE.

FIND A GRAVE WAS RIGHT TO BAN ME. I REALIZE NOW THAT I WILL NEVER BE HAPPY UNLESS I AM THREATENING OTHERS. JUST SO YOU KNOW THIS IS ME KARI NORSTOG I USED ALL CAPS.

BTW, I DO NOT HAVE A LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST LENDA, I DO NOT HAVE PRINTER INK TO PRINT ALL OF THESE COMMENTS AND EMAILS. I ADMIT I AM A NARCISSISTIC HATEFUL HAG, I AM LONELY, I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO

Guest

All this talk about "Proof"... Every time I read a comment by Kari Norstog it is PROOF that she has some serious psychological issues and there is absolutely no doubt in my opinion the she continued to create fake profiles in order to return to find a grave under their radar.

Seems she's too ignorant to know that they have ways of tracking her on their website too.... BTW, Lenda, I am glad that find a grave has and continues to ban Kari.

Hope you can get on with your life Lenda and put all the ugliness that is Kari Norstog behind you. Kari comes off as a crazed lunatic and everyone here is witness to her PSYCHO WAYS!

Guest

Lenda Tuck Has stalked me on line and in emails, Lenda has stalked me on findagrave. Her threats are now going to be used to stop this from continuing.

These posts she puts up are very threating, Too me. I have had enough of this.

Stalking

Criminal activity consisting of the repeated following and harassing of another person. Stalking is a distinctive form of criminal activity composed of a series of actions that taken individually might constitute legal behavior.

For example, sending flowers, writing love notes, and waiting for someone outside her place of work are actions that, on their own, are not criminal. When these actions are coupled with an intent to instill fear or injury, however, they may constitute a pattern of behavior that is illegal.

Though anti-stalking laws are gender neutral, most stalkers are men and most victims are women.Victims should show the police the law when filing the stalking complaint and ask whether they should first seek a protective order against the stalker. In some states a violation of a protective order converts a stalking charge from a misdemeanor to a felony.

View more comments (488)
Dilyn Rhn

| map-marker Los Angeles, California

Continued demand that I post a grave photo which is not possible at this time.

Harold Lee Simpson has continuously posted his concern on Find A Grave John Thomas Levi, Jr. despite knowing that John has not yet been interred at Rest Haven, Wichita, Kansas for his final resting place. This is becoming a bother so I need clarification or someone to advise Mr. Simpson to stop demanding what is not possible at this time. Thank you. Shirley Jolley Spencer 626 278 ****
Eliam Rfs

| map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Grave Thieves and Find a Grave Bullies

Original review Jan 19, 2024

Graveyard Thieves and Bullies fill this Find a Grave Website

as I got my on Find a Grave to build Memorials for my Deceased Family to Honor them & remember my Beloved.

But as these other not Nice Gravers pounce on you then Harass you so badly about your Family Memorials as they are not Related,

then these Gravers turn around to make Duplicates of your Memorials then they Report your Memorials as a Duplicate Grave

then once your Family Memorials get merged into these Gravers & their Grave Buddies Profiles then these Gravers change their Grave information to un match your Memorials

but in the meantime these Gravers get Rewarded (for their Brilliant but Evil Theft techniques) by Find a Grave.

Find a Grave lets these Bullies take your Family Memorials so youre out of what you initially wanted to do

Is to Honor your Beloved.

And Find a Grave will NOT Care that it is your Families Memorials and they do not Care if

it is a totally a wrong Deceased Person that was put into a Cemetery as long as they get that Cemetery and Find a Grave do NOT Care that these other Gravers apply

False Information in just to get

Your Graves.

Some of these Gravers have 0 Life but to Fight a Honest Family Member out of their Grave.

Find a Grave doesnt own up to their own Policies yet throw them Policies your way if you Complain.

Find a Grave doesnt Care if youre Bullied by other Gravers daily.

Cons:
  • Posting of incorrect information

User's recommendation: Get another Memorial site

map-marker Muskego, Wisconsin

3rd world country customer support. Philippines and elsewhere.

I have an issue with their website, keep getting a message in red letters and to try again in a few minutes. It's been days and they don't answer emails, and phone calls go to Philippines and other 3rd world countries.

User's recommendation: No recommendation offered

map-marker Stockbridge, Georgia

Horrible website! BEWARE

New guidelines-

--Allows "relatives" to claim memorials which removes the name of the original creator replacing it with the "family" member. Members are now STEALING each other's memorials by multiple accounts.

Members are not adding full death dates to keep the system from allowing "family" members to take memorials.

--An edit for "change burial location" has been added requiring members to send in corrected burial location edits (which can be declined). You can no longer create a new memorial with the correct information and have the memorial merged to you (including FAMILY members where you have done the research or know the correct disposition). You have to send an edit so the original poster gets to keep your family memorial. This includes cremations (so every memorial can be incorrect because an edit must be sent to correct it; creating a duplicate and requesting a merge is a violation of the updated rules and guidelines.

The site is basically a regurgitation of obituaries with personal information.

The administrators have not and will never apply the rules to everyone. One contributor has over a half a million memorials and refuses to transfer them to family.

It's a huge card game with family memorials, trading and fighting over them. The site is now owned by Ancestry and it's no longer about gravesites, it's becoming a genealogy platform and newspaper clippings of weddings, birth certificates, death certificates, etc. are posted in the picture section of the memorials.

PRIVATE information for everyone to see.

Find A Grave is making money on deceased family members because they sell advertising placed on the memorials or you have to pay to remove the advertising from a family/friend/pet/etc.'s memorial. I don't understand how anyone would allow a website to do that with their family members or any deceased human or pet.

The site needs to be shut down/completely removed from the Internet.

User's recommendation: Everyone needs to shut this site down.

Eliam Rfs

| map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Graveyard Thieves and Bullies fill this Find a Grave

Original review Jan 19, 2024
Graveyard Thieves and Bullies fill this site (Find a Grave). I got on Find a Grave to build my Family Memorials but other Graver Bullies you out of your Memorials as they Lie and make Duplicates of your Graves to get them Merged with other Gravers or themselves then these Gravers change their Information to un match your Grave but in the meantime you're out of your Family having a Memorial. Get away from these Evil Gravers.

User's recommendation: Get another Memorial site for your Loved ones

Horrible Website

Sanctus E

| map-marker Hilliard, Ohio

Upset with the site

U make a memorial for a loved one. Then Findagrave turns it over to one of their top contributor trolls.. Consequently u forfeit all rights to the memorial u created. Some people collect stamps. Findagrave trolls collect dead bodies. Just way too much drama.

User's recommendation: Stay away. Just way too much troll drama.

Sanctus E

Upset with site

U create a memorial for a loved one.Once created Findagrave gives the memorial to one of their top contributor trolls. Consequently, u forfeit any rights to the memorial Some people collect stamps. Findagrave trolls collect dead bodies. Just way too.much drama.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Stay away..Too many trolls.

Michael C Vyq

Invasion of privacy

Many do not want to be part of Find A Grave data base for many different reasons. Trying to get a family removed is almost an impossibility. I really could care less about Find A Grave's cyber graveyard and what they r doing is a public service. It fails to be a public service unless people want it. Families do have rights and should be able to opt out.
Cons:
  • Invasion of privacy

Preferred solution: My immediate family removed fr Find A Grave data base.

Jacquetta L

Verified Reviewer

RACHEL ROBINSON IS ALIVE !!! SHE'S 101 YRS OLD !

OMG...Rachel Annetta Robinson, Baseball great Jackie Robinson's widow is ALIVE !!! Why is she on FINDAGRAVE AS DECEASED??? SHE'S 101 YEARS OLD !!! PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP !!!
Pros:
  • Finding information in cemeteries
Cons:
  • Incorrect information

Preferred solution: Apology

Betsy E Ftk

Verified Reviewer

They don’t respond to emails!!!!

Back in March I did some suggested edits on two memorials, and waited the 30 days to contact Find-A-Grave, and have sent two e-mails, and they still have NOT responded!!! These people need to get their *** together!!!
Pros:
  • Good resource
Cons:
  • Will not respond to emails

Preferred solution: I want a response from this company

User's recommendation: *** poor customer service!!!

JDean

Add Memorial

When I go to a find a grave memorial and try to add a memorial it tells me the cemetery is not listed. This is very strange as I have added 100s of memorials to this same web site in the past. Please find the problem and fix it please. Mount Olivet Cemetery Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas Thomas Lee DeanBurial Mount Olivet Cemetery Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, USA Memorial ID 3570**** · View Source
map-marker Deltona, Florida

Their Policies

I live in Florida, my mother was buried at Washington Crossing cemetery in Pa.

My mother passed away January 27.

I went on find a grave and requested a photo of the grave, because I am far away. I was impressed that within an hour I got a photo I was very impressed with the site until my vicious spiteful sister, who is estranged from me, took over the site, took my words, took my photos deleted them Basically just stole everything that I did. Find a grave after I complained wouldnt do anything about it and said it was their policy that another family member can take over the site. I am angry and disgusted with find a grave I would never use them again my sister is an opportunist. She is neglectful to my parents, she steals from my parents and shes caused a rift in the family. We dont talk and being I was the creator of this site. I was the one that requested the photo find a grave does not have the right to do this to me or to anybody.

She did this on purpose, because I got the photo of the grave and showed it to my father, because she did not take him to see the grave and she was mad at me and shes doing it out of spite. I understand you cant get in the middle of a family quarrel, but I dont think that it is right when someone creates a site that someone else can just take it over like that. now Im gonna go through *** trying to get find a grave to take my words down. Im sure I can find somebody else to help me out. I dont need find a grave to help me out like I said, I wont be using them again.

The worst part of this is we are grieving. My father is 97 years old and is grieving and this is a terrible thing that they did.

User's recommendation: Don’t use them because I let anybody take over your loved ones profile

Guest

if u wanted a photo of the grave u should have contacted the sexton of the cemetery. They would have provided u a picture of the tombst without all the drama of Findagrave.

Guest

Try one of the other memorial sites on the internet.

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article