80 views
Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jul 28

Received no apologies do far only sarcasm when I request information as to what it was that I did to promote my account being deleted.

Original review posted by user Jul 28

Several months ago when I was a member of Find A Grave. I filed complaints on two people (Mary E.

Payne and Toni McFadden) who were harassing me. Nothing was done. Then. One day I find that one of those people (Mary E.

Payne) stole my uncles (actually named for him) memorial. Neither Mary Payne nor McFadden are related and it's been authenticated by living immediate relatives although they claim to be. When I filed a complaint with Find A Grave about the stolen memorial, by the end of the evening I found myself kicked off totally I had submitted a copy of my birth certificate as proof of relationship. Now it is several months down the road and to this day after several requests, I have never been told What my crime was.

Only that I "Had violated their policy" and that I could regain my membership IF I wrote a letter promising to follow Find A Grave rules and Not To Repeat My Offense. Now how and why would I do that if I don't even know what I supposedly did? And I addressed a letter to them saying as much. Last week I again requested the same and was rudely sent a copy of my last conversation with them again asking what I did.

This organization is corrupt and what information you do find on the memorials are not correct. I know that with mine, they have my grandfather having a sister that he never had and my great-grandparents having raised their kids in a town and area that they never lived.

And if my family memorials have incorrect information you know that others have the same. This company has No Accountability.

User's recommendation: Chose a sight more reliable and professional.

Product or Service Mentioned: Find A Grave Website.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Find A Grave Pros: Cemetery listings.

Find A Grave Cons: Incorrect info and unprofesstional, Just anyone can add an insert with the wrong information.

Comments

#1910688

What a shame. I too have seen my ancestors on my mother's side with a lot of incorrect info.

Like you wrote, they add relatives that are not related, omit the ones who are.

SMH! Karla K.

#1937129
@PissedConsumer1910688

I agree with all the above. This site is a great site if they would remove some of the crazies from it who hangout daily only to cause chaos and mess up stuff with other families records.

And these same phonies do it deliberately.

Seriously someone needs to look into this as the jealousy there with some people is out of control and quite astounding!!!!! PLEASE leave other peoples families alone if they are not yours!

Find A Grave Reviews