Show reviews that mention
site family people information memorials memorial cemetery members website member
Filter review
Please reset my password to di.........s123 or a.............a123 I am wasting my research time! Please contact Mr. Blair to trf a headstone of my parents at Kaysville cemetery(Anna Lea Spencer and Alma Glenn Spencer) to my email address or Ancestry website.

Hello, You need to contact Find A Grave directly with your complaint this is not the right correct web site for their customer service. try support@***.com

Product
Find A Grave Account
Access/ activation issues

Accidently left off part of password

Why do I have to get a 30 min time out for re-entering my password? I am a researcher and I accidently left off part of my password. I need the photo of memorial to Kaysville cemetery--Anna Lea Spencer and Alma Glenn Spencer-my parents. It has been 11 years and I am trying to contact Mr. Blair to trf the photo of the headstone to ancestry so I can put it on the burial section of their profiles!
Product
Find A Grave Account
Access/ activation issues

Frustrated with techy trf of memorial

My brother's memorial is on findagrave but very frustrated to add to ancestry.com His name is Norman Lloyd Spencer(1946-****) Located iun Kaysville Cemetery. Can you help trf the headstone to Ancestry.com? att: Spencer Tree...I am not techy...I would appreciated it if you can trf it for me to Ancestry website. Thanks
Salt Lake City, Utah
Pros
  • Excellent help
Cons
  • Techy things
Problem with delivery

Find a Grave

I contacted this company a year ago to let them know that the person who has taken over the site for my father. Is a family member who my family has had many problems with. She stole my mothers photo's is using them on this site, she is putting stories up that are not true and a few of the photo's she put on this memorial were taken from my facebook page when she was opening accounts in other peoples names to get in to my account. My whole family is disgusted with this site. The person I spoke to through email said I had to ask the person to remove them. This person has been harassing me for two years my mother for many more. So I can not contact her. I can not believe that some one can just go on this site and right what they want and steal photo's and put them up, even though they claim copy right laws. Where are my copy right laws when they will not remove personal pictures that I took my self and the ones that belong to my mother? Disgusted!

Contact the BBB of Utah you can file a complaint online it will probably take a while since Jim Tipton is too busy counting his money to respond in a timely manner but he will eventually. And he is well aware of copyright violations and will remove the copyrighted information or material. Along with honoring your copyrights, they get another BBB complaint on their record.

I am sorry you had a bad experience. I honestly believe that the website should not condone harassment as it does disciplinary measures should be put in place so that you may have a memorial on this site harassment free and it is not.

Portia, I just found your msg or would have replied right away. The eilraest Hardesty we have found is William A.

Hardesty (wife Louisa Knauff Hardesty). William was from Maryland, moved to Malvern, Ohio, in the early 1800 s, owned one of the first flour mills in eastern Ohio.

Had ten sons, two daughters, most of his sons also became millers. We would appreciate any info you might have about this family.Ann Hardesty,

Why not just send a DMCA takedown notice to their host?

Looks like this is their host:

www.xmission.com

Copyright Infringement

XMission does not condone copyright infringement. We do not, however, needlessly invade our clients' privacy without notice and reasonable suspicion of wrongdoing. XMission's Designated Agent for notice of any claimed infringement, as provided for under the U.S. DMCA, is:

Hector Nevarez, Technical Support

XMission, L.C.

51 East 400 South, Suite 200

Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Phone: 801.539.0852

Fax: 801.539.0855

Email: abuse@***.com

In order for XMission to review your claim, you must:

Identify the copyrighted work allegedly infringed

Identify the material which you claim is infringing

Provide your name, address, telephone number and email address

In addition, the notification must be signed by an authorized person, and state a good faith belief that the material is infringing, as well as that the information contained in the notice is accurate. In turn, XMission will investigate any legitimate complaints, and will take remedial measures where required by law.

Fixing this is actually simple. Guidelines require transfers of family members within four generations as long as you are more closely related to the deceased.

Assuming this person is not your sibling or your father's sibling, it is a slam dunk. If you join Find A Grave, send a 'Suggest A Correction' including clicking the box to send yourself a copy. Be polite and axplain your relationship. I realize the memorial manager likely knows all of this, but right it with a stranger in mind.

That info will be important down the line.

If/when they don't transfer within the required 30 day window, you take your copy and forward it to Admin. They are about a month behind on getting stuff fixed (handling 79 million memorials), but they WILL DO IT.

Find A Grave is a tight group of administrators that can do what they please to the memorials posted. I have had friends post memorials, and have them deleted within days...because friends air a complaint that doesn't sit right with them. Some of the Find A Grave contributors make it a 24/7 priority..

Kgrab, unfortunately no one has given you good advice yet.

Who did you "speak to through email"? You need to write the "info" address which is listed in the site's FAQs. As immediate family, all you have to do is ask for the memorial to be removed.

If your photos were taken after 1989, they are automatically copyrighted when you took them. Prior to 1989, there were requirements for copyright protection.

@ Jane you have no idea what you're talking about. A person's photos are protected by copyright law in the US regardless of whether or not they've been "registered".

Prettiestpretty/just me=same person aka ***.

@PissedConsumer456808

Wth does this mean?

View more comments (11)
Salt Lake City, Utah

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection