94 Aurs Glen, Barrhead, Glasgow G78 2LJ, UK
Coverage Area
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design

My brother died back in 2014. A few months after his death, I went on F.A.G.

to create a memorial for him, which I should have every right to do! My memorial was deleted because this vulture named Ken Nagel had already made a memorial for him and he didn't even know my brother! He's one of the many vultures on that site that are just watching the obituaries for people to drop dead so they can hurry and make a memorial! What is the point in this?

Are they somehow making money off of this? I sure wouldn't doubt it. The families memorials should be first, not those of strangers!

I've been a member of F.A.G. for a very long time now but am thinking of deleting my account because I'm so sick of the jackals!

Product or Service Mentioned: Find A Grave Genealogy Record.

Reason of review: Deleted memorial for my brother.

I didn't like: Dealing with horders, Others deleting memorials i created.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 18.

Comments

You made a duplicate. You violated site policy.

Deal with it.violatesFamily members do not have exclusive rights to create memorials for relatives. Doo you have any idea how many people have found their relatives because a stranger created a memorial for their relative?

to Anonymous #1525445

If telling them the right procedure to follow makes you get aggravated, then it's just possible that Find A Grave's policy on transferring memorials to family members is not prominently displayed enough. Or they are just not quite as quick on the uptake as yourself.

The question of whether or not a family member gets to manage their relative's memorial is not really at issue, so it's probably more useful to instruct them as to the process for getting that done. All you get from responding like this is angry slow people.

to MyBPis265 #1536685

I believe you can politely REQUEST a transfer. However, the memorial creator is not obligated to make the transfer.

I've had a woman contact me to voluntarily transfer a few memorial to me. I didn't Even ask.

to John786 #1536951

Unfortunately, politeness is something that does happen too often there with the hoarders. They become unhinged, devilish and have foaming fits....... Too sad !

to John786 #1551621

In the OP's case, the memorial creator IS obligated to make the transfer because the deceased was the OP's brother, a required transfer. It helps to read and understand the site's policies.

UntimelyNurseShark824
to Anonymous #1529921

Family members should always come first when it comes to making memorials for their family! If there is already a stranger made memorial and a family member decides they want to add their own, then the stranger made memorial should be removed, end of story.

If F.A.G.

had any compassion, this is the way it would be. You are an idiot!

to UntimelyNurseShark824 #1536285

I completely agree with you!

to UntimelyNurseShark824 #1551623

Creating memorials for YOUR family is not the purpose of the site. Find A Grave users should read and comprehend the site's policies and understand they are "guests".

When you are a GUEST, you abide by your hosts' wishes. That's basic common courtesy.

to Anonymous #1536681

I've had people leave comments on my Find A Grave page THANKING me for taking the time to create a memorial and photographing the head stone. On lady wrote from England saying that she lost touch with her sister and was happy to see her headstone.

As well, this lady was disabled and unable to visit her sister in person. I have recieved a few more like this one.

Some people care offended, some are delighted. Can't please everyone.