A few years ago a local volunteer created a FAG entry for my father. She then proceeded to look him up on the Internet and add the information she found.

Problem is, the person she found (yes the name and approximately birth date were correct) was not my father at all! It took some doing, but I finally gained control of the listing and got her off of it. Today I discovered that the biography listed for my mother is attributed to another volunteer. Wrong!!

I wrote that biography for her memorial service and for the local paper. Sometimes volunteers are helpful, other times they overstep the bounds and are simply meddling and creating problems for other people to clean up.

Review about: Find A Grave Genealogy Record.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I'm guessing when you say attributed to that there is a clickable link in the bio to indicate its origin. Perhaps two memorials were merged and the bio transferred from the deleted one to the remaining one.

I'm not sure anybody did it on purpose, but given their track record of skullduggery it might not be out of the question, either. I mean to say that every day is just another rotten mess - and when it's going to end my friend, is anybody's guess.